Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straight Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chris7856 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris7856 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straight Hair
    Posted: August 26 2002 at 4:28pm
Is it possible for a guy to straighten his hair... I have like a natural wave in my hair but I want it to all be straight is this possible and if so how do I go about doing this?
Princess123 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2002 at 5:34pm
blow drying, perms, hot iron comb,and shiny style
(that the advertisement that was on TV.
airsoftdude View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airsoftdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2002 at 2:26pm
I agree.. I have that wavy type hair and I HATE IT.... Use a RELAXER.. Used mostly by african americans... In fact you`ll probably see a picture of one on the box... It would straighten ur hair for 3 months or until your hair grows out or something I dont know... But it works great for me...
vietstylist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vietstylist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2002 at 6:13am
How would you straighten your hair with a blow dryer? I need a way to straighten it with out using any hair products, etc. But if not, how much is the relaxers, etc.

Vs
What do I write here???
cyclopse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyclopse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2002 at 11:34pm
Hi, i have really wavy hair but a couple of months ago i had it chemically relaxed and it did take most of the wave out but in the front it is still wavy and is driving me crazy. It also know growth pattern is uneven on the top.
I dont know what i can do to fix this problem, should I go agian to get it straighten or are thier any products out thier that will help?
thanks
Ryo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2002 at 2:15am
yeah i somewhat have curly hairs too not all of them but some especially the front and alittle on the center. Their so annoying and their not even thick just some strands are curly. I want that kind of straightness like when i go into the shower with hair wet lol.

perms are so expensive even if they do short or long hair. i have short now.
Ahmedi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahmedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2002 at 2:17am
Well guys I have black wavy/curly hair (not Afro) about 1.5 inches on the sides and 2.5 to 3 on top and after spending 2 months of research on the net about chemically relaxers I have decided to have my hair chemically relaxed this coming Saturday.
I have talked to the guy who is gonna do it at the salon for a while and I asked so many questions and whenever I have any question about this relaxing step I phone him and he doesn’t mind at all.
And to cyclopse I believe when hair has been chemically relaxed and it goes straight it should have a different hair cut than when it is wavy/curly. You should have your cut AFTER having it relaxed.
If anyone is interested in knowing how it goes I am happy to let you know.
Cheerio :o)
Ahmedi
Joel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2003 at 7:58pm
Ahmedi,
Please let me know how that chemically relaxed treatment works.
Thanks,
Joel
Ahmedi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahmedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2003 at 11:34am
Sorry Joel,
I did not get back to you!
I have not been coming to this site at all for the last few months.
People donot seem that helpful.
Anyhow.
Here is my story.
I had my hair relaxed by a professional salon using PhytoSpecific – Phytorelaxer # 2 and after paying a lot of money it did not make my hair any straighter! But it did leave it soft and shiny. Obviously I was not too happy with the results. My partner went to Paris and got me PhytoSpecific – Phytorelaxer #2 (€25.00) as a gift but I was reluctant to use it again. It was done professionally and it did not work and you are telling me I can do at home and it would, don’t think so!! To cut the long story short, after 10 weeks after my last relaxer my partner decided to do it for me at home but I did not want to try this product again but thought what the heck, I have it here at home anyway. We left it only for 20 minutes instead of 25. I could tell while I was washing it, it was softer and straighter than the first time. This is my fourth week and it is still straight and soft, I actually cannot believe it. It has worked a 100 times better than the professional salon and I only used quarter of the product! It has worked better than the professional salon. My hair has never been this shiny, soft or straight. PhytoSpecific – Phytorelaxer is the best and it cost me only the quarter of the product so I have three more uses in it! PhytoSpecific products are half as cheap in Europe as what I see on the net!
Good luck.
Ahmedi
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2003 at 7:53pm
guy with straight hair
definitely. I had my hair straight for over 3 months.
If you want to have straight hair get it relaxed. Best way and easy to handle. But make sure you have at least 3 inches long of hair or the hair will start to curl up again. You can have a normal relaxer or the ionic perming method. The latter is the same as normal relaxer but it uses a hot iron after the cream. Expensive in US and UK i think but incredibly cheap in most asian country. ( In Malaysia the cost for mens ionic perm is RM 45 which is about 15 dollar american ) but beware your hair might get a little bit dry.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic