Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Ultimate Guide for Forming and Mantaining 360 Waves:  All you ever need (inside)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Ultimate Guide for Forming and Mantaining 360 Waves: All you ever need (inside)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Debonair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debonair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Ultimate Guide for Forming and Mantaining 360 Waves: All you ever need (inside)
    Posted: May 21 2004 at 12:06pm
What we want to do is to give you a clear cut guide for forming waves all around your head with out using scurl kits. Kits damage your hair and change the chemical composition. By reading this guide you will be informed as of how to accomplish this. These techniques were varified by more then 30 different people in New York City's and Virginia's Capital Kuts Barabershop Chain along with their customers who all have clear defined wave patterens.

When first starting out and even after months of clear defined waves, make sure wash your hair as often as possible with specified CLARITY shampoo which strips all greese, oils, etc. Washing your hair increases the wave patteren in your hair by stimulating..... roots, including growth. You should wash your hair anywhere from 2 to 4 times a day. That should be no problem if you are physically active anyway and are used to taking showers multiple times a day. The more you wash your hair the quicker you will develop a defined wave pattern. After your shampoo I suggest applying "Let's JAM! Shaning & Conditioning Gel". The whole point of JAM! is to wave and condition your hair. In fact, you can use simply JAM! to get beautiful 360 waves in your hair. You are not limited to JAM!, there are many other gel products on the market which do the exact same thing. One fine example if "Luster's Wave Jel Activator". We will be using JAM! as the example in this guide since the product is available and most stores.

Typically thou, one can use a pomade after applying JAM! to bring out more definate waves, however remember you want to be constructive with your wave pattern when first starting out, do not mislead your self with the look you obtain from pomades. Construct your natural wave pattern first then apply pomade weeks and months after your wave pattern is certain. It is a fact that nearly all pomades do more damage then good. However some of you who are reading this guide will use and continue to use pomades reguardless of our warning, therefore we will give you tips on using pomades.

After you wash your hair do not dry with a towel, drying will cause stiffness in your roots and reverse the effects which you are attempting to accomplish. While your hair is still wet apply a liquid or gel conditioner to your hair. Some of the most popular are "Lustrasilk Mositure Max Mega-Moist Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion" and "Lusters Pink Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion", and of couse JAM! and "Luster's Wave Gel Activator". Apply any one of these products into your scalp then use a pomade. Using only pomades damage your hair due to lack of nutrition and lack of moisture.

Reguardless if you use pomades ofr gels, remember bushing is the key, not wave caps and du rags. All they do is press your hair down to make it appear as if you have better defining waves. I suggest only using a du rag while you sleep. The lack of air does more damage then good. During the day brush and allow the air to flow through your hair freely, even hours after you finish applying pomades and gel and finish brushing.

Another key step in obtaining a well defined wave patteren is cutting your hair. Make sure you do not get your hair cut too low. A good hair cut pattern is growing your hair obviously and every other week clipping the ends which have grown over the past week. This will allow your hair to overlap better, thus enabling deeper waves. Every three to four weeks I suggest getting an actual cut, removing half of your hair. If you keep this pattern up your waves will be clearly defined every day. Each week you can also get an edge up if you wish. That will do nonthing to help your wave pattern, yet, you will stay looking wil you just recieved a fresh cut because of your continued brushing.

Keep all of this up for months at a time and you will notice a difference. If you need to add or remove steps which will help you and your own physique, feel free to do so and experiment.

In conclusion, by using these simple steps I don't have the plain old 360's spinning, I have 720 waves doing 3D gyros.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions plese feel free to reply.
trey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 2:01pm
hey man wat do u mean when u say deeper waves

and when u say 720 waves how do they look
PIMPZILLA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PIMPZILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 2:43pm
Yeah how does da 720 wave style look?
playa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 4:26pm
post a pic of your 720's Prove it
Rtree4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rtree4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2004 at 11:47am
i think he was just exxagerating to get his point across........lmao
terrick Patterson View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrick Patterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2004 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by PIMPZILLA PIMPZILLA wrote:

Yeah how does da 720 wave style look?
chitown90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chitown90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2004 at 4:42pm
do i need to use a certain grease or can i use regular hair grease.
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2004 at 12:36am
What the hell is a 3D gyro?

United Waves of America
pimpdaddymac View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimpdaddymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2004 at 1:26pm
i have waves somewhat. they can be seen clearly from the top and bottom, but hardly from the sides. the seem to just fade off on the sides of my head! Is there anyway i can make them more visible on the sides?
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2004 at 1:16am
Originally posted by pimpdaddymac pimpdaddymac wrote:

i have waves somewhat. they can be seen clearly from the top and bottom, but hardly from the sides. the seem to just fade off on the sides of my head! Is there anyway i can make them more visible on the sides?

U got waves on the bottom of your head? Where's that? Like yo beard or somethin? That's crazy **** right there.

To your question tho... brush the sides more than the other places you brush since u alredy got waves on top. Like 60-70% of your time brush on the sides and 30-40% of your time on the top and wherever else you alredy got waves.

By puttin more emphasis on the areas you don't have waves you can make them start to appear, while at the same time keep brushin the areas where the waves u got alredy are. That way you will maintain those 2.

United Waves of America
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2004 at 3:01am
Juts brush da sides more often
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2004 at 9:37am
Originally posted by MenaceIISociety MenaceIISociety wrote:

Just brush the sides more often

Yeah pretty much what I said in one sentence

United Waves of America
360 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2004 at 9:12am
when you go to the barbeshop what kind of cut do you get?
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young L da Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2004 at 2:21pm
lol im tired of answerin this question! Someone tell da kid.
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2004 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Young L da Kid Young L da Kid wrote:

lol im tired of answerin this question! Someone tell da kid.

lol. Young has said #2 for about 15 years now..... it seems
F-A-B-O-L-O-U-S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F-A-B-O-L-O-U-S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2004 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by seaTown seaTown wrote:

What the hell is a 3D gyro?

i duno but it sound tight!!!
*An my waves be thick, enough for
dem cali dudes to surf in,
CALABUNGA!*
lawless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lawless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2004 at 3:46pm
lol hey isnt this just the guide from the dream team site?
change is good
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2004 at 4:04pm
This thread is hella old...

United Waves of America
lawless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lawless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2004 at 4:14pm
who the hell brought it back ?
change is good
BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2004 at 4:18pm
Yea who found this thread LoL
Official Dream Team Member
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic