Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The point of "clarity" shampoo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The point of "clarity" shampoo
    Posted: July 11 2004 at 4:47pm
Hey ya'll. A bunch of ya'll here use the Pantene clarity shampoo. It's supposed to strip the hair of all oils, grease etc...

But I got a question. Why? What is achieved by stripping the hair of oils?

I could see why you would need it if you are using pomade, but why do u need it for use with gels?

United Waves of America
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2004 at 2:40am
Lol. Everyone uses this shampoo, but ya'll don't know why u use it, or what it does to yo hair?

I was about to buy this when I remembered some1 said that it's strips the hair of oil. So I took a moment and thought, why whould I want to strip my hair of oil? Won't that make it more dry?

Anyway, I guess I'm just suprised no one answered this...

United Waves of America
saiyansnake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saiyansnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2004 at 9:45pm
I like how it smells
Blingin' outta controlPuff Puff

saiyansnake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saiyansnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2004 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by saiyansnake saiyansnake wrote:

I like how it smells

I got it today.
Blingin' outta controlPuff Puff

BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2004 at 5:06pm
It strips your hair of oils so that if u wash your hair 3-4 times a day your hair is not all clumped up with the pomades or gels.
Official Dream Team Member
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2004 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by BxRiverYoung02 BxRiverYoung02 wrote:

It strips your hair of oils so that if u wash your hair 3-4 times a day your hair is not all clumped up with the pomades or gels.

U sure? From my expierience with gels I noticed that they don't clump up my hair and dry up pretty fast. Sometimes faster than I want them too.

Also no one was even talking about clarity shampoo when when we were using pomades.

United Waves of America
dafatmack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dafatmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 6:48am
Nah, you got the wrong idea mayne. When they say "oils" they mean grease, gel, ect. It doesnt make your hair dry at all.

Only way you can strip your hair of it's "natural" oils is by perming it and using kits or doing something stupid. lol

It's good for wavers because it's so efficient at getting all that stuff out with ease.

Also, people get it twisted when they think the point of washing your hair so much is for your hair folicles. It's not....it's for your scalp. Gotta keep that scalp healthy by applying pink lotion daily also. Leaving pomade in your hair for more than a week is not good.

Yea, you can still get waves w/o washing your hair regulary and using pink lotion, but why take the hard route?
Dream Team Website!
My Waves

Waves flowin like da seven seas....
dmass316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmass316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 8:23am
Ive never used it before i use whatever shampoo is in da shower ya feel me whether its some expensive name brand kind or not it all keeps ya head smelling good.
OFFICIAL DREAMTEAM MEMBER
www.dreamteam360.net
D UNDISPUTED DEEPNESS DMASS360
jarell1944 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 11:13am
man i use aussie to a bar a soap...dont matta...just wash yo head...scrub it
Bet you never even felt the heat till i put the M-1 next to ya waves and melt the greaseWhat Im Workin WitDiane brush & Soft Brush both militaryMurrys Super Light Pomade/Nu Nile
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 1:44pm
jarell1944-

Ya im wit him wen i wash my hair i use a reg bottle of shampoo from walmart. Dont worry bout wut i said in dat other post lol. I dont brush my hair while washin either.
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 2:05pm
I thought washin your hair like 3times a day would mess your hair up
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by menaceIIsociety menaceIIsociety wrote:

Thinkin is the problem around here lol. Serious your grandpa prob had waves and im sure all he did was put sum murrays on or wuteva grease they had at home and brushed for alittle and put on a WAVECAP and went to bed. Im sure yo grandpa didnt wash and brush or buy clarity (or h/e u spell it) shampoo. Dats da way i see it... and im sure if stuff got better and better as time with on. My opoion.
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Twista Twista wrote:

Thinkin is the problem around here lol. Serious your grandpa prob had waves and im sure all he did was put sum murrays on or wuteva grease they had at home and brushed for alittle and put on a WAVECAP and went to bed. Im sure yo grandpa didnt wash and brush or buy clarity (or h/e u spell it) shampoo. Dats da way i see it... and im sure if stuff got better and better as time with on. My opoion.
True dat twista. A twista when you put the pomade in your hair, is that it for the whole entire week, or do you put some more in since murrays is such a strong wax pomade?
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 3:07pm

Originally posted by Twista Twista wrote:

True dat twista. A twista when you put the pomade in your hair, is that it for the whole entire week, or do you put some more in since murrays is such a strong wax pomade?

no murrays in everyday. (Just 1 time aday) No reason to keep puttin in more den once a day.
jarell1944 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 3:12pm
so twist u get yo hair cut wit pomade in it still?
Bet you never even felt the heat till i put the M-1 next to ya waves and melt the greaseWhat Im Workin WitDiane brush & Soft Brush both militaryMurrys Super Light Pomade/Nu Nile
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by jarell1944 jarell1944 wrote:

so twist u get yo hair cut wit pomade in it still?

no no. I did once and my barber almost killed me.. he did curse me out ( iwas embrassed lol.. u wud 2. esp if yo barber iz young lik mine like 20.) He snapped... but last haircut i did myself in da bathroom, but b4 skool start imma hit up da old man barber cuz he lines wid a razor and does the sideburns very nice.. pic here
dafatmack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dafatmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2004 at 2:23am
LOL, barbers hate that with a passion.
Dream Team Website!
My Waves

Waves flowin like da seven seas....
4governa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4governa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 12:53am
if i wash my hair every 2 days with the clarifying shampoo, will that help my waves come faster along with my brushing and black can grease? Cuz my head be itching like crazy, i think cuz of greasse build up

waves spinnin soon
phillyphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillyphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 6:11pm
i got the dax wave and groom grease,under the top of the cap it says DAX PLUS TWO SHAMPOO.its says it cleans the hair of all excess products. i jus wanted to know if anyone here uses this.
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by phillyphil phillyphil wrote:

i got the dax wave and groom grease,under the top of the cap it says DAX PLUS TWO SHAMPOO.its says it cleans the hair of all excess products. i jus wanted to know if anyone here uses this.

I nevr seen that in the store, seem like it would be hard to find..

United Waves of America
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic