Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strange Wave Formation?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
8705 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange Wave Formation?
    Posted: July 22 2004 at 8:08am
I have followed the instructions on gettin' waves by starting off with using Sportin' Waves (black can) then, just recently, switchin' to some Murrays (superior). And I have brushed the sides down, like Twista said. So now, my sides are formating downward waves, is that ok? Or should I brush the sides forward? Cuz i see a lot of people with their sides forward. And, I havent had my hair cut in about 3-4 weeks, what type of cut should i get (to help maintain incoming wave(s) formation? Thanx
PacPanther View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PacPanther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 11:42am
keep on brushing down. your waves will connect better and look better. youll be surprised in a few weeks. just get a low cut. not too low. and go with the grain.
saiyansnake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saiyansnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 12:19pm
Get a #2 cut.
Blingin' outta controlPuff Puff

seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 12:36pm
Yes like Pac said a low cut on the grain. Ask for a dark Caesar. On the grain is very important tho.

United Waves of America
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 12:49pm
Man i keep on asking for a #2 instead of the grain part doggs. maybe this time if i ask to cut to the grain my waves will look better.
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by MenaceIISociety MenaceIISociety wrote:

Man i keep on asking for a #2 instead of the grain part doggs. maybe this time if i ask to cut to the grain my waves will look better.

Yeah on the grain just means the direction that yo barber cuts yo hair. Usually barbers go against the grain on top and go from front to back which is the opposite direction u brush. If he does this he will cut off yo waves.

#2 is just the length of yo cut.

United Waves of America
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 1:15pm
Aight i just told him to cut in the direction i brushed in instead of the grain part
saiyansnake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saiyansnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 7:18pm
The last time I went to tha barber he cut my hair from left to right, I found that kinda strange, what do yall' think?
Blingin' outta controlPuff Puff

jarell1944 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2004 at 3:36am
my barber cuts my head in a 360 motion...like how u brush yo head...just tell him 2 save the waves
Bet you never even felt the heat till i put the M-1 next to ya waves and melt the greaseWhat Im Workin WitDiane brush & Soft Brush both militaryMurrys Super Light Pomade/Nu Nile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic