Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Answers to Questions from way back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KimboKing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KimboKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Answers to Questions from way back
    Posted: August 04 2004 at 10:17pm
When I first found this forum every one was asking what was the right way to brush, gel/promade, or hot towel. I forgot who mentioned it, but I since I never had waves before I decided to experiment and find what worked for me.

1. Washing your hair in cold water: Didn't do anything to my hair pattern, but if you have a sensitive head cold water will help numb it so you can use a stiff brush.
2. Sportin Waves vs SCurl 360: My cousin has been using S-Curl 360 for over 3 months so I decided to try Sportin waves black can. After comparing my progress to his there is no difference
3. Gel/Promade After talking A bunch of people, including a few barbers and I found out there are pros and cons to both.
Promades: Hold Hair better, but you need to wash it out from time to time and use some kind of moisturizer(pink lotion was said alot)
Gel: Great for when your going out and don't want all that grease in your hair. Gel needs to be reapply from time to time to keep your hair down.
You'll have a better chance with this than that free IPod program. bmail me if you want the obvious trick to it.
http://www.surveysavvy.com/?id=1747316
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by KimboKing KimboKing wrote:

When I first found this forum every one was asking what was the right way to brush, gel/promade, or hot towel. I forgot who mentioned it, but I since I never had waves before I decided to experiment and find what worked for me.

1. Washing your hair in cold water: Didn't do anything to my hair pattern, but if you have a sensitive head cold water will help numb it so you can use a stiff brush.
2. Sportin Waves vs SCurl 360: My cousin has been using S-Curl 360 for over 3 months so I decided to try Sportin waves black can. After comparing my progress to his there is no difference
3. Gel/Promade After talking A bunch of people, including a few barbers and I found out there are pros and cons to both.
Promades: Hold Hair better, but you need to wash it out from time to time and use some kind of moisturizer(pink lotion was said alot)
Gel: Great for when your going out and don't want all that grease in your hair. Gel needs to be reapply from time to time to keep your hair down.

Thanks for expierimenting... those answers are good to kno.

United Waves of America
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic