Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

salon selectives highlighting mousee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
silvie90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvie90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: salon selectives highlighting mousee
    Posted: December 18 2000 at 11:36am

hi

has anyone tried this product, and if so, what did you think?

thanks for any info
jen8541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen8541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2000 at 3:49pm
Reply to message: 16.4.1
I haven`t used it but I was also curious how it works because I have wanted to try it.
jen8541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen8541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2001 at 3:26pm
I`m trying it right now and your not supposed to see results for about a week or so but my hair does look lighter and it looks pretty good so far.
TheClownSlayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheClownSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2001 at 8:44pm
quote:

silvie90 originally wrote:

hi

has anyone tried this product, and if so, what did you think?

thanks for any info

I tried it and it worked well. Even though it has a peroxide (you can smell it too) it didn`t damage my hair and it reflected light well, adding shine.

... Anna Mal ...

Kris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2001 at 7:55pm
I tried it. It turned my medium brown hair a weird orange. However, it didn`t dry my hair out and left it silky. I think my hair is too dark to attempt any highlighting at home. This product would probably work best on light brown hair.
Kris
jen8541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen8541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2001 at 11:48am
Reply to message: 16.42.1
They have different bottles for your different hair colors. They have dark brown(I think), light brown and blond. Did you get the right one?
Khayeth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khayeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2001 at 8:38pm
Hello there-

I have very dry, very straight blonde hair which is actually quite dark when it grows originally, but its natural dyes seem to fade very quickly with very little help from the sun.

I used up my first bottle of Lighten Up in about 3 months and am working on the second. My hair lightens up several shades every summer and I used it every day for about three weeks at the beginning of the winter (mid December). I was hoping the Obvious Line of Summer`s End might be softened a bit. At any rate, a bunch of people at work noticed. I was actually embarassed. I didn`t want it to be obvious to anyone but me.

So now i use it a few times a week, just in hope of making the transition from hair which has seen lots of UV to new growth less noticable.

I tried it as a mousse or leavein conditioner alone at first but its definitely not protective enough for that. So when i use it i put it where you`d put normal mousse or gel - right at the roots. I put it all around the head, not just at the forehead like normal control products.

As a postscript, i will say that i finally broke down and did my once yearly hair darkening. ( I think i`m the only person on the planet to do that :) It`ll all get bright blonde again next summer but for now the million shades are limited to a more normal sort of range.

I hope you have good luck with it. I wouldn`t use it for allover head lightening since it would be so hard to make even.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic