Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any Suggestions for me? . . .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Megster132 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megster132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Suggestions for me? . . .
    Posted: June 04 2001 at 1:09pm
Hey!

I was wondering if ANYONE could really give some product suggestions. For my : **VERY** *THICK* ****FRIZZY**** HAIR. I`m in my early teens, and I`m having the worst time with my hair sooo much!! :`(

I`m looking for some products that would really help my hair y`know. So, any suggestions on what would get rid of the all the *FRIZZYS* and make my hair hair softer..and not SO BIG??

I shampoo and condition every other day..and then blow dry straight...if I did let it AIR dry..it would become *VERY* curly and frizzy. Thanks to any who replie! :)
june25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote june25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2001 at 8:17pm
Hey, I know exactly what you`re going through! I use Herbal Essences Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner for normal hair. It works and smells great! I use Alberto VO5 Straight Hair to straighten my thick hair and it works pretty good. Not great, but good. Try Citre Shine Straightening balm; that stuff`s really good.
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2003 at 4:16pm
My niece who is 14 has extremely curly, dry, frizzy hair. To straighten it is like an act of congress...first wash it, she has to let it air dry not blow dry it, then straighten it with a flat iron...but even then, living in Houston, Tx it frizzes. Well, my sister let me in on something that works wonders with my niece's hair. Now, they wash it, put pomade in it, let it air dry and then straighten it (or not, they don't always straighten it). I have now been using Pomade and it adds SO MUCH moisture to your hair. Only be careful -- don't use too much or else when you blow dry it can look oil afterwards. My hair has never handled the blow dryer or flat iron too good, but my ends look healthier, my hair is softer, and I don't have nearly as much frizz. Because I have naturally curly hair and pretty regularly straighten it, the humidity and frizz action has always cursed me. I looked at alot of different Pomade brands...I went with the basic kind that only has Petrolatum, Fragrance and Lanolin Oil....nothing else. Hope this helps...it did wonders for my frizz.
Kgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2003 at 8:25am
Hahaha I just read a post of mine from 2 years ago! "june25" was me! Well obviously, my tastes have changed dramatically. I no longer use cheap, drying brands like V05 and Herbal Essences. Funny how much knowledge I've gained over the past 2 years. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic