Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aubrey organics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
energy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aubrey organics
    Posted: June 06 2001 at 3:34pm
I just recently began to research alot of the chemicals in haircare products and decided I wanted to use all natural products on my hair to see if that would give me back my natural healthy hair. Aubrey organics kept coming up as a respected line, does anyone have any comments on their products? website www.aubrey-organics.com
Redrider View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2001 at 9:03pm
I just got some GPB conditioner this week, I really like it. I have thick, curly, long, dry hair and lots of it - didn`t have to use a lot of the GPB either. I also got some shampoo last night, used it this morning, it was ok. Left my hair clean but not stripped. Also got some Camillia/Jasmine shine spray - not so sure about it though.

RR
Amberbella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amberbella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2002 at 1:19pm
I`ve tried the Aubrey line, the JAY shampoo, the GPB conditioner, and the Honeysuckle shampoo and conditioner. The shampoos make my hair feel strange, but when used with the conditioners the result is fantastic. The first time I used the Honeysuckle, I was displeased, but it gets better and better with each use. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of it. You must be very careful to rinse out the conditioners completely to get the soft shiny hair result. Excess conditioner tends to make my hair feel sticky. I strongly recommend both the GPB and the Honeysuckle products, especially if used everyday.

I`m waiting on a leave in conditioner as well, will post on my results with that.
amberbella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amberbella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2002 at 2:31pm
Just tried the primrose leave in conditioner and detangler. I love it! It leaves my hair so soft. The only negative is that if I use it before I curl my hair, my hair won`t hold the curl. But with hair so soft and shiny, who cares.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2002 at 5:01pm
You should be aware the Aubrey often uses coconut oil soap (and corn oil soap) in many of their products, and it can be extremely drying to your hair.

Jennifer
cara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2002 at 7:04pm
I was using Aubrey Organics JAY shampoo and their GPB conditioner for about a year - at first they were OK, esp. the conditioner - that one is very moisturizing. But I find that the castile soap in the shampoo does leave a dulling film on the hair after a short time, even with very thorough rinsing, etc, and is kind of drying. So I went back to using Pantene on my curly-wavy hair, and seem to have better luck with that, even though loads of folks say that Pantene is so-o bad for your hair. I have my forays into trying to use different natural products, but I keep coming back to the Pantene(their Color Revival line) because on me it works better.
cara
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 11:27am
I just found a store close to me that sold Aubrey Organics products. Anyone have more comments about this product line?

I just bought the "Jojoba & Aloe Hair Rejuvenator & Conditioner" to use as a hair treatment (kind of like how I've been using oils and aloe) to keep my growing locks healthy.

There are so many products to choose from!
Violeta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Violeta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2003 at 5:23pm
GPB conditioner it'e great , the shampoos did not work for me.
sheryl soleil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheryl soleil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 11:52am
I agree with the above. The conditioners work great but the shampoo's left my hair very dry. On another hair site someone said that hard water will not work with soap based shampoo's.
21/33/38 2cCiii

If you can't have the best, make the
best of what you have~unknown~
cara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2003 at 9:47am
We have pretty hard water here in north-central New Mexico, so maybe that's one reason the Aubrey Organics J.A.Y. shampoo didn't work that well for me - much as I really wanted it to! I found that I had to use a lot each time, and at S19.99 for a 16oz. bottle that's pretty pricey! Esp. for something that doesn't leave one's hair looking and feeling fabulous! The GPB conditioner was pretty good however. So I'm back to my Pantene which works fine for me, and is a lot cheaper.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic