Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is a good volumizing shampoo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rasberry View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is a good volumizing shampoo?
    Posted: July 18 2001 at 7:05pm
Hey Everyone!
I was just wondering what a really good volumizing shampoo is? I have extremely fine hair, however it is also very dry and can get really frizzy. I need something that moisturizes yet also adds volume! Is there such a thing? Thanks f or your help!
tammi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tammi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2001 at 7:06pm
Amplify Volumizing work great but may dry your hair outa little. Also try KMS Volumizng products. If you buy them at Beauty World you can return them no questions asked!
KR View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2001 at 11:22am
Paul Mitchel awuphi shampoo
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2001 at 4:22pm
Reply to message: 16.148.1
Hi all,

I agree, Matrix Amplify will definitely make a difference and yes, for some people (those w/ waves or coarseness) it can be a little drying.

A very good friend has such thin/fine hair that I tell him that he has "feathers" instead of hair. He agrees.

When I first met him 10 years ago at work he was using Pert Plus and his hair was plastered to his head, wavy and yucky. I convinced him to try Aveda Blue Malva shampoo and Confixer leave in conditioner. It made a huge difference and he used that for awhile and was so happy. He really liked it a lot. Then he got crazed and wanted een more volume (I created a monster). So I pointed him towards ARTec Volume shampoo and gel. He liked that, but not as much as the Aveda.

Then he tried Vavoom from Matrix and like that better than the ARTec but not as much as the Aveda. Finally I got him to try the Matrix Amplify and he loved it. He has been using it for years and worries that they will stop making the product.

In reality, Matrix did have initial problems getting the public to be aware of Amplify but it seems to be doing well now.

Recently I got him to try the PhytoVolume shampoo from Phytotherathrie and he liked that a lot too. They have a new volume mousse shampoo and I gave him a sample and he liked that even better than the Matrix Amplify because the Volume Mousse Shampoo is like washing with puffs of whipped cream. It cleans and adds volume without dryness or weighing the hair down.

He also likes the Phyto gels and sprays.

He tried the Edwin Paul Classic shampoo which adds volume and the Edwin Paul volume gel and volume spray and did not like any of that as much as the Matrix Amplify and the Phyto.

A newspaper reporter that tried some of the Edwin Paul products for a column she was writing has thin wavy hair and she loved the EP volume spray and has come back and bought several refills.

I think the key to whether the best product is Matrix Amplify or Vavoom, Phyto, ARTec or Aveda depends a lot on whether your thin hair is straight and slick or wavy, curly or a combo.

My friend has super straight, thin, fine slick hair and he swears by the Matrix Amplify and he likes the Phyto Volume Mousse only just recently has he started alternating with it.

Thanks for the topic. It is very helpful.

Best wishes & Happy New Year.
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2001 at 2:23am
Hey guys!!

I discovered an unusual product - Mega Tek (made for horses, approved for humans). How it works seems to depend on how you use it, if I use it as a leave-in it gives my hair tons of body, but like most volumizing products I don`t like the feel as much as moisturizing products.

Some people use it as a rinse out conditioner - some apply it directly to scalp (I was nervous about that, but it seems to be working for many).

Worth checking out - just ignore that instructions to put it on your horse everytime your wash him/her, and rub it on any blanket rash...waggy
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
TONYA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONYA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2001 at 6:21pm
Reply to message: 16.207.1
Hi,

I would love to know more. Where do you buy this product, how much does it cost and is there any way to find out what the ingredients are? I have never heard of this but it seems interesting.

Peace
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2003 at 11:12pm
I have run the gamut trying to find volumizing hair shampoos and conditioners that won't dry my hair out or cause breakage, and will also create shine, smoothness and glossiness.

Just found a product called C-Fuller Hair Shampoo, Conditioner and hair serum (I use this at night) -- I purchase them as HSN. I'm really particular about what shampoo I use, as I'm trying to overcome some damage and want to see my hair grow. I really love this product line.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic