Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I found a GREAT new glossing product!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I found a GREAT new glossing product!!!!!!
    Posted: April 22 2002 at 6:14pm
Hi everyone. I`m raving about Beyond the Zone Frizz Zapper Anti-Frizz Oil-Free Glosser. Huge name but it`s fabulous. I have naturally wavy hair that I staighten with a dryer, and just a few drops of this product makes my hair so much shinier, but without the greasy look/feel (if that`s what you want, try Pure Shine.... uck.)

This new stuff is a clear blue liquid and the packaging is very cool. it`s also on sale for $1 off at Sally through the end of the month, but even then it`s only $5 to begin with. It`s online http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=140222&dept%5Fid=1225">here.

Has anyone else tried this product? If not, you might like it! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2002 at 2:33pm
I got this the other day. I was looking for an anti-frizz product. I`ve tried many. Anyway, It didn`t do very much really when I put it on my wet hair, before blow-drying (as per instructions on bottle). Although, I put some on when my hair was dry & it helped more.
Which way do you do it, wet or dry??
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2002 at 7:12pm
Hiya! I usually use it when my hair is dry and I`m pulling it back into a bun or something. The effect doesn`t last all day though, so I touch up by squeezing a small amount in my palm, then rubbing my hands together to coat my hands a bit. That really helps you to spread it evenly on your hair.
The truth is when it comes to oil-free glossers, they`re all pretty much the same: silicone-based. Most of them have two types of cones and sometimes a sunscreen--that`s it (just like this one.) So I check the ingredient list for cyclomethicone/dimethicone, etc, and then I let price do the determining for me :-) A great book, if you haven`t already read it, is Don`t Go Shopping for Haircare products without Me by Paula Begoun. It`s a WONderful guide to the ingredients in haircare products (shampoos, conditioners, glossers, NAME it!) and if it will really work for you. My constant companion.

Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic