Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone used.....?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone used.....?
    Posted: July 11 2002 at 4:26pm
Has anyone ever used Physique Spiral Cream,
Pantene Pro V Ready, Set, Curl, L`oreal Gelling Curls (Gel), L`oreal Springing curls (Mousse) or L`oreal Pumping curls (spray)? Please tell me if you like it or not and if it`s great for curly hair.

P.S: What are you favorite hair products for curly hair?

oOoStArSpArKoOo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oOoStArSpArKoOo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2002 at 8:05pm
Umm...
When I had my hair permed a year or two ago, I used the Pantene Pro V line for curly hair, and I really liked it, because my perms would last for a long time, but this might have something to do with the fact that I have really fine hair.:D
But, I guess a perm is a little different from curly hair, and since I don`t have that, I don`t know how it would work for naturally curly hair.:D
StArSpArK
MelanieMayo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieMayo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2002 at 8:08pm
Hi Mia,
I have naturally curly hair, and I have used the L`oreal Pumping curls for years. I think it makes my hair curl better. I just scrunch my hair all over and then spritz the Pumping Curls all over. Then dry with a diffuser. As far as shampoo/conditioner, I like Biolage Hydrating shampoo and Biolage conditioning balm. They`re both by Matrix. I use them all the time and don`t get buildup. Hope this helps!
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2002 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Mia Mia wrote:

Has anyone ever used Physique Spiral Cream,
Pantene Pro V Ready, Set, Curl, L'oreal Gelling Curls (Gel), L'oreal Springing curls (Mousse) or L'oreal Pumping curls (spray)? Please tell me if you like it or not and if it's great for curly hair.

P.S: What are you favorite hair products for curly hair?

any pantene products r bad for ur hair
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2002 at 1:26pm
Actually it depends on which Pantene products you use. While I personally prefer some of the great Aura and Frizz Ease products from the beauty supply, Pantene has some decent options in their extensive line. The conditioners are fairly standard but nothing in their ingredient lists will harm your hair. Some people hold the mistaken belief that silicone will somehow damage your hair--but this is simply impossible. Dimethicone, trimethicone and cyclomethicone are actually good conditioning agents that coat the hair shaft, thus increasing shine and softness. They stand up to your shower`s water pressure much better than similar conditioners such as mineral oil and plant extracts. What silicone derivatives can do, however, is build up on the shaft with repeated use. This can cause hair to look dull and lifeless. But no damage has occured--simply deep cleanse hair with a clarifying shampoo and your hair is back to its original state.

Pantene`s conditioners also contain quaternery compounds (quaternium-18, steralkonium) which attach to the hair shaft and smooth the cuticle, creating shine and smoothness. Other emollients such as cetearyl alcohol, a mixture of cetyl and stearyl alcohol, are NOT damaging to hair, contrary to popular belief. They are actually moisturizing shine-enhancers that also thicken the conditioner. The drying alcohols are used in hairspray such as SD alcohol 40, not in conditioner.

Some of Pantene`s conditioners are nearly identical to Vidal Sassoon and Physique products, which seem to be very popular in grocery stores. Overall, Pantene`s conditioners aren`t bad as long as you have dry hair and don`t mind removing substantial buildup every week.

The shampoos are another story. All but one of the shampoos contain ammonium laureth and laurel sulfate, two detergents that can dry out hair with repeated use. The only shampoo without these ingredients the Color Revival, arguably Pantene`s best line. The shampoo contains the much milder sodium laureth sulfate as its main detergent. In general it is good to avoid Pantene shampoos.

I hope all this helps. When I began researching hair care and cosmetic chemistry I learned that you`ve really got to ignore what the bottle claims a certain product will do and just look at the ingredient list. You will find every line from Redken to Aveda to Pantene has some great products...and some awful ones. If you ever have questions about a specific ingredient or product please leave a post and I`ll help as best I can. Have a great weekend. :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
wheeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2003 at 3:51pm
I really like Sebastian stuff. They have this product called Wet and it's kind of like potion 9. I also like this stuff called twisted taffy and they both don't leave hair stiff.
Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
- M. Scott Peck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic