Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ARTec Color Shampoos/Conditioners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ARTec Color Shampoos/Conditioners
    Posted: September 07 2002 at 9:14pm
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if any of you use ARTec color shampoos or conditioners. I just got my hair colored medium auburn and I want to keep the color from fading. I`ve been using the Orange-Merigold color shampoo, but I think I need to tone it down with maybe the Walnut or Cocobean color shampoos/conditioners. So far it`s kept the color, but it`s also amped up the auburn to a bright copper shade. I know some people custom blend them, so do any of you have advice?
--Thanks, Gina
JS View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2002 at 5:11pm
Artec shampoos are a gift from god that can turn a minor color disaster into a mere inconvenience.

I consider coco bean, blue orchid, white violet, and cherry bark to be indispensable safety nets to tweak results that end up a tiny bit orange, orange-gold, yellow-gold, and slightly yellow-green respectively.

Shop around carefully. I`ve seen places online that sell 4oz bottles for more than $12 (RIP OFF!), and merely checking 5 or 6 online merchants can easily turn up at least one instance where somebody is charging more for the 8oz size than somebody else is charging for the 16oz size. In general, 16oz is significantly cheaper per-ounce than 8 and 4oz, but 32oz is only a tiny bit cheaper than 16oz per ounce (to the point where just slightly tipping the shipping weight past a boundary condition to the next higher weight/charge can negate any savings).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic