Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

****tail Conditioner - Brilliant results

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ****tail Conditioner - Brilliant results
    Posted: October 12 2002 at 2:49pm
About 2 weeks ago I decided to clear out the bottles of hair products that a re gathering dust in my bathroom. Mostly they had an inch or two of stuff left in them and about 80% of the bottles were conditioner. Also had some base and essential oils lying around.

Then I recalled reading an article on HairTalk about "****tailing" i.e mixing up different products to get the best result for a particular hair type.

Now I`m no cosmetologist, but I know what my hair likes in terms of single products.
So I thought this would be a chance to create a personalised "SuperConditioner"...and have some fun.

I created 5 concoctions and tried them all - one a day - for the next 5 days. One concoction was so good, I have used it every day since and the results are stunning.

I thought I`d share it with you.
Apologies to those of you living outside the UK - you may not know some of these products.

Uzzy`s SuperConditioner:

1 tablespoon SuperDrug Naturals Coconut oil conditioner (£0.99p per bottle)
1 tablespoon Neal`s Yard Remedies Calendula Conditioner for very dry hair (£5 per bottle)
1 teaspoon Monoi Pitate oil ($8 per bottle)
1 teaspoon Avocado oil (£6 per bottle)
2 drops Sandalwood essential oil
2 drops Patchouli essential oil

Mix it all up (smells delicious) and coat damp hair thoroughly with the stuff. Wrap your head with cling film (plastic food wrap) and leave it on for as long as possible, before rinsing off.

I have dry, coarse, wavy and thick hair. It is usually like straw on a good day and wire wool on a bad day. Now it is unbelieveably silky, shiny and soft.
Also, neither of the manufactureed products contain cones which is a big plus.

Any one else tried "****tailing" products and got good results? Would love to hear about it........
Uzi

Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2002 at 11:09am
Yeah! I`ve done it a bunch of times...about six months ago, I mixed about a half bottle of L`Oreal Curlvive with some of Paul Mitchell`s The Detangler and a little Citre-shine Xtra moisture conditioner. Since then, I do this regularly...the L`Oreal is pretty cheap, and altho the Paul Mitchell isn`t, you only need to put a little bit of it in at a time, so one bottle goes a long way. I also have wacky hair, but this combo seems to work pretty well. I`d love to try your mix, but I don`t think you can buy some of that stuff here in the U.S. :(
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2002 at 2:53pm
I`ve done that before too, and I love the results. I mixed my Back to Basics sunflower conditioner with my Cortex gelatin conditoner, Aussie 3 minute miracle, Mega Tek, Better Botanicals Indian herbal conditioner and than I put some aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil in the mix. I`t has made my hair really shiny and bouncy. I`m going to continue with this for a long time.

Amy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic