Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

herbal essences intensive blends

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: herbal essences intensive blends
    Posted: November 07 2002 at 7:57pm
has anyone tried the herbal essences intensive blends? are they very moisturizing or what? is it all hype? i like the regular herbal essences so i thought maybe this would be even better...
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2002 at 2:40pm
nobody?...:)
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2002 at 3:13pm
Hey! No I haven`t tried them...I used to use their shampoo but I`m kinda boycotting them cuz of the overtly sexual commercials they have- I don`t care how good the stuff is, it can`t be THAT good! :) :)
Still, I have to say that the shampoo (I dont know which kind it was...the green one.) was some of the best-smelling shampoo I`ve ever had...it was a hard call to give it up.
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2002 at 3:46pm
Hi turquoise! If you want to moisturize your hair, look elsewhere for products--Herbal Essences is simply not the best line for dry hair. Why? Look at the ingredient list. The shampoos all contain sodium lauryl sulfate, a surfactant detergent that is just too harsh for dry hair and scalps. The conditioners are nothing special: mostly a mixture of alcohol-based emollients (cetearyl and cetyl esters) and detangling agents (Behentrimonium Chloride.) You`ll see aloe vera gel thrown in for effect, but according to scientists this ingredient offers absolutely no benefit to hair, which is completely different than skin.

If you really want to add moisture to your hair, I can suggest some of my favorite products:

Professional Prescription Humectin Humidier conditioner by Jherri Redding

Biotera Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner

Mizani Moisturefuse conditioner

Nexxus Humectress

Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
wheeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2003 at 3:40pm
I've tried the new kind but I didn't think it did anything special. The best part about it is how good it smells but I agree, that the stuff isn't great for dry hair.
Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
- M. Scott Peck
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2003 at 11:10am
has anyone tried the leave in conditioner? i thought it worked great. i have a stepdaughter who is 7. she has VERY thick hair. it worked awesome getting all her tangles out, that is when she will let you
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2003 at 2:50pm
Hey it if works for your stepdaughter, keep it up!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
MissSagittarius View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissSagittarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2003 at 12:46am
I don't like them at all. I'm a huge fan of the Redkin AllSoft. I LOVE it.
dingojunction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingojunction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 12:34am
Lyris Humectress conditioners have mineral oil in them and that might be an issue with some people.Ive tried humectress and didnt care much for it.Just my .02 cents.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 7:31am
I suggested Humectress for people who "really want to add moisture to their hair." And mineral oil is a non-irritant that will certainly do that! It is also only the fifth ingredient listed in Humectress, behind other great moisturizing agents such as sterealkonium chloride (quarternary conditioning agent), glycerin (water-binding agent), and cetyl alcohol (coconut-derived emollient.)
Tap Dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tap Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 6:00pm
Thanks Lyris!

That's the second post I've read where you mentioned "Nexxus Humectress" and I think I'll try it.
[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/yerdumm/tapdancer2.gif" />
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 8:30pm
Let us know how it works for you! :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic