Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ARTec's texturesmooth vs. Phytospecific Relaxer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ARTec's texturesmooth vs. Phytospecific Relaxer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 5:47am
To Cooldude,

Orc really covered this topic very well. I am not sure I would add much. The truth of the matter is that with every hair treatment there is a double edged sword. While hair color will brighten your overall look and relaxers will remove curls and frizz, the chemicals alter the natural composition of your cuticles. With relaxers, the actual chemical bonds in the hair are literally broken and then reformed to reshape the texture...thus breaking the curl pattern in your case.

Any chemical treatment brings the risk of dryness since chemical treatments alters the sebum balance of the cuticle and often alters the natural mosture balance.

The key to enjoying the benefits of relaxers (or color or perms) is to replace lost moisture. As Orc so wonderfully pointed out above, use good moisturizing products. You might want to experiment with diluting your shampoo formula or using one that is very moisturizing. I personally highlight my hair with does make it more dry. To compensate I use very moisturizing shampoos, rinse out conditioners and leave in conditioners. I also dilute my shampoo formula because my hair is so dry from highlighting.

Many people do comment after relaxing their hair or having it treated with thermal reconditioning that it appears to be "flat". This is because the curl pattern has been reshaped.

Add moisture and this should help with the dryness and some of the flatness. Of course since the goal of relaxing is to remove curl, the result is often going to be a much flatter feel to the cuticle.

You can also add a little texture back by scrunching your hair lightly when still damp and then blow drying on a low speed or letting your hair air dry to get a little movement.

As I said above, I welcome any emails to shelton@hairboutique.com. We also have a very good customer service team for dealing with product questions from our customers. You can either email me or customer-service@hairboutique.com and you will receive a prompt reply.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 5:50am
Hi Bratty & Constance,

Thank you so much for your posts above. You are both so kind and I appreicate your support.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
SSassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2003 at 6:06pm
Does anyone have any information as to how to find a salon that offers the Artec TextureSmooth? I'm all for letting the pros handle it, but I'm having a really difficult time finding anyone in the Denver, CO area..

I'm going to use the PhytoRelaxer at home in the interim

It is really helpful reading everyone's advise and feedback. Enough that I'm scared to use the Artec TextureSmooth at home
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 10:08am
Hello SSassy,
I have used the ARTec TextureSmooth at home and at a professional salon it was a lot gentler than the PhytoRelaxer which I have used at home and at a professional salons too.
ARTec TextureSmooth never irritated my scalp but PhytoRelaxer did.
I would advice you to use ARTec TextureSmooth at a professional salons. The results that I got were much more better than PhytoRelaxer.
ARTec Textureline Texturesmooth is available in professional salons worldwide. For a salon location nearest you, please call 1-800-323-6817.
Whatever you decide to use at home, please, follow the instructions step by step.
Please let us know.
Good luck
Blijf luisteren naar je lichaam en haar!
IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 5:43pm
Hi guys! I recieved my Texturesmooth and I tried it. The results are good. No burns or damage. Although it didn't make my hair stick straight like I was hoping for, it did make it alot smoother and less puffier than it was before. For some odd reason my hair was super straight after the procedure when the hair was wet. However, once it dried it became to wave a bit, but just a little. My hair is very resistant and thick. Overall I liked the results. I can now finally cut my hair short and spike it. :)

In the future I hope to relax my hair again. However, I hope to find a more powerful relaxer for my hair.
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 4:18am
IcyFire,
I am really happy to know that you have tried ARTec TextureSmooth at home with no burns or damage which is the main thing in the whole process. My hair has just been (4 weeks already) burned and damaged and just today I decided that I couldn’t stand it or could stand the attention and care I have to give it, too much work and it looks only good straight after I wash it , it had to go! My hair now is really short and I can barely run my fingers through it.
Anyhow, good for you.
By the way, how long is your hair? And did you use ARTec TextureSmooth #1 or #2?
The only time that my hair came out stick straight was when I left the solution in my hair for 15 minutes longer. I am a guy so I can always cut it short if it got damaged.
I would not recommend that unless you are prepared to get rid of it if it got damaged.
I have ARTec TextureSmooth which I am gonna use in a month’s or so.
Will let you know.
Thank for the up date.
IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 3:30pm
Hi Orc. My hair is about an inch and 1/2 long. The front hairs reach my eyebrows. And I tried texturesmooth 2. I dont think number 1 would have done anything. But you say you left ur solution 15 minutes longer? Next time I will try that. I really don't care about burned hair, I just want straight hair!!! Hehehe.

Anyhow, yeah, my hair is a lot nicer now. It's no longer puffy and its straight and I have some movement which is awsome
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288
Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 1:38pm
I envy you
Movement in your hair. I know exactly what you mean about having hair that moves. It is @#* awesome.
I used to jock with a friend about my hair moves wherever direction that I move my head
I tried texturesmooth #1 but this time I bought #2.
Thanks for replying.
Once I have my hair done, I will surly let you know.
Cheers for now.
Orc
Eric171717 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric171717 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 1:54am
I know this is an old thread and maybe no one will read this, but I could use some advice on this topic if anyone can help. I had waited the last 4 months to grow my hair out and then relax it, and the 2 products I was deciding between were the Texturesmooth & Phytospecific. I chose to go with the Phytospecific and relaxed my hair last week. It was virgin hair in good condition, about 2 inches long. I think I must have left it in for too long because my hair has been extremely dried out. The max time it said to leave in was 25 minutes, and I left it in for about 22 or 23 minutes, less then the max time but it still fried my hair, which I was very afraid of. I have been conditioning like crazy with Phyto products, but dont know what else to do. Also, I noticed that the person who started this thread had asked a question that was never answered throughout all of these posts, and I have the same question now - Is it safe to use the Texturesmooth on hair that at the ends has previously been relaxed with Phytospecific? 

Thanks

Eric171717 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric171717 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 6:27am

Well, since no was able to or cared enough to reply to my question I went ahead and tried it myself and used the Texturesmooth over the Phyto, so now I will answer my own question for me, and the original question for this thread. No, do not do that. IT WILL DESTROY YOUR HAIR!

Thanks alot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic