Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Garnier Fructis - That stuff in the bright green bottle.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Garnier Fructis - That stuff in the bright green bottle.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2003 at 4:43am
Lyris - i would also love to see your list! I just finished reading Paula Begouns book "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" and I feel like I need MORE!!!! I learned a lot from her book, but I would love to see some of the studys she refers to in her writing and feel that she could have elaborated more on some of the chemicals and the potency of some of their combinations. I will bmail you my address too....Thanks for the info on Fructis too...I read the label at the store and was not impressed with the ingredients...So much like all of the others. I like to compare labels of new stuff with labels of something I have tried and it left a bad result...if the labels are too close in identity, I don't buy.

Jacqui
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2003 at 7:03am
My pleasure Jacqui--it's right here waiting on my hardrive I loved Paula's books and subscribe to her email updates. I wish she had a new hair book coming out though...the latest one is getting old and a lot of the products have been discontinued. She could write an encyclopedia and I think it would still fly off the shelves.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Endlessnite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endlessnite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2003 at 10:06am
I am currently reading Paula Begoun's book about Hair Care products, 2nd Edition! I have read it before, but need to go over some of the ingredient & product lists from time to time. Her books are so empowering!

I use Pantene Smooth N' Sleek conditioner on a regular basis and have no problem with it. (there is not a review of it in her book...)

BR,
Endlessnight
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2003 at 9:33pm
The problem with a PH of 7...........

When hair is soaked with water the cutucle will swell open. When you shampoo with a 7 is keeps the cutcle open. When the hair dries the cuticle closes.

When hair is shampooed with a 4.5 to 5.5, the shampoo will keep the cuticle form opening. When the cuticle is open and closed repeatedly the starch like gummy substance between the cuticles will eventually break, then you have the dreaded split ends. Not to mention it will also allow any haircolor molecules to escape causing fadage and make perms to relax of frizz.

"nothing wrong with a 7ph?"
Think again! This is proven technology thats been around since the sixties. I have experimented and watched it myself under a microscope.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
C-Lamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Lamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2003 at 4:17pm
I like using this stuff, Ive been using the conditoner and the deep conditoner for awhile and i havent seen or felt any damage to my hair.
razziberri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razziberri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2003 at 6:55pm
Can conditioner damage your hair?
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 7:33am
Typically, no. Drying ingredients such as TEA-lauryl sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate usually pop up in shampoos. However, sulfur, ammonium xylenosulfonate and denatured alcohols (SD alcohol 40, benzyl/ethyl/isopropyl) occasionally appear in conditioners, so you need to always check the ingredient list.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Precious Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2003 at 7:12pm
Yikes! I just got some of this last night just figured i would give it a try but after reading these posts i may pass.. I have very dry hair and usually use Motions Lavish Conditioning shampoo which is GREAT by the way but sometimes i just like to try something new..Im thinkin i will pass on this and wait until payday and order some more PHYTO products :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic