Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EQyss Mega-Tek Cell Rebuilder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rrobey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EQyss Mega-Tek Cell Rebuilder
    Posted: May 16 2003 at 11:23am
Has anyone had any experience with the EQyss Mega-Tek Cell Rebuilder? I've read articles about this product and it seems like a great thing to try, but I'd like to get some opinions first since the rebuilder (along with the Premier shampoo they recommend you use) would be around $40.

Thanks for your help.
Becky
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2003 at 12:57pm
Wow, what a name for a product! I haven't tried this one but you might want to check out epinions.com for indepth reviews:

http://www.epinions.com/content_68431810180

Judging by the ingredients, this isn't anything spectacular (especially for $40.) After water, hydrolyzed keratin is next. While protein is a good conditioning agent, others such as panthenol and collegan work as well by coating the hair shaft. After that there's stearalkonium chloride, a quaternary detangling agent and then a variety of other additives that give the product its uniform consistency. I've seen similar products around: the cheapest being Russ Kelvin's knockoff of Nexxus Humectress for about $3. Keratin is the second ingredient in that one as well. Also, Lanza makes a very similar conditioner as does Jherri Redding Professional RX. I believe that one is called Super Protein Pak and is at Sally. It has a slightly peculiar smell but if you can survive Aphogee it's a walk in the park!

Have a lovely weekend!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic