Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dove Haircare?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bratty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bratty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dove Haircare?
    Posted: May 18 2003 at 3:12pm
Has anyone tried this new product? I have heard really mixed reviews and am trying to figure out what is reality. Is it just another type of Pantene or is it like a professional line? Any thoughts?
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2003 at 12:33am
yeah me too
the add for this products has taken my tv set by storm, claiming "moisturing" for the hair
is this sutff for real?
ARGHH
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2003 at 3:25am
I think I've used it. I must have had a free sample or something. I remember I liked the smell. I usually use Dove showergel, and the shampoo has a similar smell.

Don't remember much else I'm afraid. It wasn't terrible, it wasn't spectacular. I don't think it's very expensive, so it won't hurt your bank account much if you try it.
portrgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portrgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2003 at 10:51am
I have been using the volumizing color care shampoo and conditioner from the Dove line. I haven't been able to find a color care shampoo and conditioner that also added volume to thin hair. It's not the most moisturizing but it's good enough for daily use with the weekly deep treatment. However, the deep moisturizing shampoo/conditioner does really add moisture.
Rapunzelwannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2003 at 5:14pm
I was interested in the Dove product line as well, so I was reading the ingredient list in the store the other day. I did notice that the cleansing agent in some of the shampoos was Amonium Laurel Sulfate. That is a REALLY harsh cleanser, similar to what you'd get in Suave or White Rain. So, I'm staying away from this particular brand. Just my 2 cents. :)

Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2003 at 8:57pm
I used the line for fine hair that is color treated and it was HORRIBLE. My hair was snarls and did not feel moisturized at all. I ended up having to use a leave in conditioner to get it combable. if you consider buying DON"T EVEN GO LOOK AT THE STUFF.

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2003 at 9:55pm
I have the shampoo and conditioner for fine hair, and I liked them, but I stopped using them because they contain Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate as a main ingredient. At least the shampoo did.

I don't have Lyris' ingredient glossary anymore, since I got a new computer and haven't transferred the files from my old hard drive yet... but I'm pretty sure anything Lauryl is to be avoided.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Gretchen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gretchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 1:12pm
Just for the record Ammonium Laurel Sulfate is a gentle surfactant. It's SODIUM Laurel Sulfate that you want to watch out for. Just an FYI.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2003 at 3:00pm
I have been using the Dove shampoo for fine hair and I think it is pretty good. Not the best but not bad either.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Katriannal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katriannal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 11:28am
ammonium lauryl sulfate is a very harsh cleanser! both ammonium and sodium lauryl sulfate are the ones you stay away from..
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2003 at 10:43pm
I tried the Dove Shampoo/Conditioner for Fine, Color Treated Hair when the line first came out, and I really disliked the results.

I wanted to use them both a couple of times at least to give them a chance, but they left my hair dried out, kind of frizzy and limp.

I like their other products (the body wash, exfoliating bar, etc.), but the haircare line I will never buy again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic