Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi Lyris!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi Lyris!!
    Posted: September 17 2003 at 3:39am
I am afraid to Bmail you because the worm problem has not been fixed yet on my computer and I am afraid I would send it to you.

I was looking at the bottle of Alterna shampoo that the rave about being sooo good. I forgot the name, but it cost $100 a bottle, and thats my cost.

Anyway, Would you believe it contains Amonium Lauryl Sulfate???? You would think if they can get $100 a bottle for shampoo they would at least put the good stuff in there. I had always heard that the reason they use that is because it is cheaper. But it this case, "Gimme a break"

Have you heard of this shampoo? It has white truffles in it.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2003 at 6:49am
Hi Guy's, I've used the white truffle, it's nice, but worth the money? NO. I think some of the other ingredients are pretty exclusive, but it's really nothing special.

I just read a blerp in Modern Salon Magazine about an exclusive shampoo & conditioner retailing for $1200....of course I can't remember the name of it. lol

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2003 at 7:10am
WHITE TRUFFLES?!?!? You have GOT to be kidding me Lilibeach. And $1200 for something you put on your head and rinse off? That is truly incredible Sophie. Mindblowing, actually, when you consider how many trips to the grocery store that would cover. It kind of reminds me of my first outing to Rodeo Drive in Hollywood (not that I've ever *bought* anything there) and found a $1,300 white tank top at Armani. Whoa.

Overpriced products aside, it's nice to talk to you both again
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2003 at 10:36am
I have read about this, looked at their website and was actually going to check the salons that carried it but didn't go for it. Thank goodness I didn't go and saved my jaw from falling on the floor. LOL. I asked my regular beauty supply store about it and she said she has not heard of this brand. Too much for a shampoo. Redken ALL SOFT rules.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2003 at 11:30am
All hail All Soft!

Crazygirl, lookin' good in your avatar!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2003 at 12:26pm
LOL thanks Lyris... I wish though I can get my hair to be that sleek (just like the one on your pic).

I could never get the top of my head to be flat and the sides are always flyffy even after using a hair straightener! I just have too much hair!
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2003 at 2:05pm
Love My Ceramic Iron for straight flat hair.

OH Yeah....All Hail "All Soft"!

Nice talking to you guy's too, Lyris and all.

Cheerio!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2003 at 7:29am
Whoa now THAT is a cool picture Sophie! Who is that?
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2003 at 7:28pm
Photoshop is Cool, isn't it? She is a red head originally....Playing around in Photoshop I came up with her....I liked it.

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2003 at 8:08am
It is indeed--personally I'd never *dream* of posting an unaltered photo to the web!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic