Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BK View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you think?
    Posted: June 02 2003 at 12:04pm
What do you think of this short style (as shown on music artist Martina McBride):

http://image.tower.com/pulse/graceland/2001/09/imgs/Hype/martinamcbride.jpg

Would it work well for a round face shape? On a regular day, how long would it take to style this cut, and what kind of products would one have to use??

Thanks for your advice and honesty!

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 6:48pm
I think it is a hot style! It should work on a round face (makie sure you have some height on top to lengthen your face) and should be easy to style. Depending on your hair type you would need some type of gel or styling spray.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 1:50pm
It's a gorgeous style. I am not a stylist, but I have been a lover of styles since I was 9 and my sister let me cut hers!!!
It would depend on the type of hair you have as to how long it would take to style it. if you have fine hair, it will take blowdrying and styling every day with plenty of stiffening and styling products, also some wax/mud to texturize the ends.
if your hair is thick/wavy you will need a VERY good stylist to remove the bulk and bring out the shape of this style. But on the good side, styling time will be a lot less. I have thick/ slight wave hair and had this style last year and all I would do is wash, condition , put in a curl enhancing gel like artec or big sexy hair and let air dry. Once dry I would take TiGi Bedhead shine junkie and seperate the ends with it...rub a little on the out side for some shine.

Another question....How round is your face? The reason i ask is because, I have a somewhat round face....not due to weight, it is just hereditary, and I think I didn't look good in the cut because I felt it made my face look rounder and my head bigger....
So take all of your hair and pull it off of your face....assess how you look with it all off of your face and decide if you like what you see.

Hope I have been able to help. Enjoy the new look!!!

jacqui
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 5:55pm
***I like it BK, it's a cute short style. Martina looks lovely wearing it.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 7:22pm
I think it's a nice style too.
Martina could even go shorter with this style, she has the looks for a short style.
tina
BK View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2003 at 7:41pm
Jacqui,
Thank you so much for your input and advice!
My face is structurally roundish (pretty much like you described your face shape; hereditary and not due to weight), however I do think my jawline is nice as well as my cheekbones.

~QueenzBalla~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~QueenzBalla~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2004 at 2:40pm
I think its a cute cut.U should get it why not? as long as your sure about it and how it would look on u.
---------->I love<3 this game!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic