Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Too Short

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too Short
    Posted: January 05 2004 at 12:48pm
Even though this is the short hair board and short hair is the preferred length, here is a question for you.

Have you ever gone in for a cut and walked out with a cut shorter than you liked or were comfortable with?

I ask because this happened to me about 2 weeks ago and it bummed me out. On a whim, I went to a new stylist and she cut my hair very short on top. I like it short so it kinda sticks up a little bit, but this is really, really short. I'm coming up on almost 2 weeks and it is getting better, or I'm learning to style it better. I'm pretty much over the shock and almost beginning to like my hair again. My husband who likes short hair absolutely loves it, but I'm not sold. I may not get it cut for several months, and I'm definately going back to my stylist.

If anyone has had had a similar story please post.

Twanda
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2004 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Twanda Twanda wrote:

Even though this is the short hair board and short hair is the preferred length, here is a question for you.

Have you ever gone in for a cut and walked out with a cut shorter than you liked or were comfortable with?

I ask because this happened to me about 2 weeks ago and it bummed me out. On a whim, I went to a new stylist and she cut my hair very short on top. I like it short so it kinda sticks up a little bit, but this is really, really short. I'm coming up on almost 2 weeks and it is getting better, or I'm learning to style it better. I'm pretty much over the shock and almost beginning to like my hair again. My husband who likes short hair absolutely loves it, but I'm not sold. I may not get it cut for several months, and I'm definately going back to my stylist.

If anyone has had had a similar story please post.

Twanda

pictures..we need pictures!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2004 at 10:59pm
Mostly I've had the opposite problem, of hair being left longer than I'd prefer it. But once I did get this really awful stylist who did some really wispy thing at the front. You can't do that with my hair, since the way it grows at the front, it needs a bit of weight to keep it from poking straight out or something :-P . So I had a hard time getting it not to do that for a while at the front, and that's one of the reasons I don't like to trust other people with my hair.
*shrugs* But really I shouldn't trust myself with my hair, either, as I've had a few instances where I've messed it up and had to make it shorter than I'd planned. I just seem to take it better when it's my own fault than when an incompetent stylist is to blame, I guess because I don't like giving over control to someone else. *laughs* *can be such a control freak*
More awesome than a manatee!
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 12:36pm
Hal, I have no pictures of me with my current haircut, but if I manage to get one before it grows out too much I will attempt to post it.

As someone once said to me, I've never seen a permanent haircut.

Twanda
~QueenzBalla~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~QueenzBalla~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2004 at 7:13pm
I've never experienced that because i've never had my hair cut short even though i'm about 2 get it cut like T-Boz had hers.I dont really know where ima get it cut at yet though but hopefully where ever i do get it done at they wont**** my **** up u feel me.
---------->I love<3 this game!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic