Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Boredom Qs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Boredom Qs
    Posted: January 24 2004 at 5:06am
Okay, I'm bored, so now I'll just bore everyone along with me. *laughs*
Do you prefer ears cut around, ears covered, or hair tucked behind? I'm not especially picky on if it's cut around or tucked back on other people, but I prefer it not to cover the ears, because I don't see the point in wearing earrings if the hair's just gonna cover them anyway. As for what I like on myself, I'll have to say I like it cut around, because my hair doesn't like to stay behind my ears well if tucked. It does partially cover the ears sometimes if I'm lazy about trims, but I try not to let it get too bad.
Do you think it looks strange when women have permed curls just on the top with the rest short and straight? I've never liked that, myself. . . maybe it just seems too old lady-ish to me, or reminds me of too many former teachers :-P .
Do you like middle-parts, side-parts, or no part? Yup, digging for random Qs here :-P . I like side-parts, because middle parts are too symmetric for me, I guess. *laughs* I part my hair to the left and have two earrings more in my left ear than my right, so you can see I think assymetry is just generally more interesting, in most cases. Perfect symmetry is boring.
Do you like the little nape fringes some women have on their otherwise cropped hair? In most cases, I really don't like them. . . I guess because I dig napes too much for my own good. . . *laughs* But it can look good with hair that's soft and wispy-fringy at the front, so it kinda "goes" more than an abrupt ending would.
And what do you think of slick hair, like with gel or whatever? Not good to touch, but if done well, it can have a nice, polished look that has a certain appeal to me. I probably wouldn't like it on a date or something, though, as that's when you want something soft and touchable. I think I'd worry what I did to upset a date if she showed up looking slick and untouchable. *laughs*
Okay, enough boring all the board people for now. I've got to go shower and get dressed. . . and hopw the water wakes me up, 'cause I haven't slept :-P . . .
More awesome than a manatee!
pixie lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2004 at 11:37am
Most of what you said I don't like.
I don't like perms that look like old lady perms, and I don't like the slicked back hair with gel.
I like short natural clean looking hair and modern looking short styles.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2004 at 8:34am
Just a comment about nape hair with the rest cropped. I am doing that right now and there is a reason. I HATE shaved necks and so does my hairdresser. Since the hairline on my neck is very low (gorilla neck) in order to avoid that unpleasant shaved look (that grows out dark in two days while the rest is blonde and is very prickly), I grow the nape out long enough that shaving isn't required. Since my face is square it sort of softens the angles too. I have to be careful that it doesn't turn mulletish though. :)
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2004 at 9:13am
Kuroneko, my preferences are side part and hair tucked behind ears. No I don't like permed on top, dare I admit I did that once and then added more prem solution to remove about a week later.

Demodoll, I know exactly what you mean as I have the same gorilla neck hair too and I also go around wondering if I have the mullet thing happening or not. Glad you wrote that, it made me laugh to myself.

Twanda
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2004 at 3:31am
My neck hairline is low, and I really don't like it-- it makes me feel like I don't have a neck :-P . I have an easier time dealing with the dark, fuzzy prickles than having my hair so far along my neck. *laughs* What I don't like is how it makes people wanna feel up my neck, which gives me the heebie-jeebies :-P .
More awesome than a manatee!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2004 at 1:49pm
I guess we could wax it off, huh?

I just worry that I'll begin to look like the mother on the Brady Bunch. I am getting there pretty quickly.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic