Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blah hair needs help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blah hair needs help
    Posted: April 10 2004 at 7:48pm
Ok here's the scoop,
I 15 years old and I have an...excentric personality I like to express my self by my appearence because I am rather shy when I meet new people.

at the moment I have a boring chin length bob which is a gorgeouse dark dark red with almost black reddish tinged lowlights. I am in seriouse need of a change because I am a dancer and well at the moment my hair is at the can't go up but even with a hair band I get whipped in the face when I move stage. I need either longer or shorter hair and I decided on shorter. I have a oval face with not very pronounced cheek bones and a rounder chin I have a really nice for head and eyes simaler to Martina Mcbrides. I relly like martina's hair and I would like to try it out but I am not sure. If anone has any suggestions about other styles and pictures of other styles you think might work it would be great! thanx!
Jen
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2004 at 10:13pm
Hi Jenie, welcome to the boards. Your hair sounds like it's a beautiful color.

I'm older than you, I'm a 30-something mother of two little kids, but I also wear very short hair. I'm African-American and wear a very short, close cropped afro. I love short hair, the look of it and the fact it's so easy to care for.

What seems ideal for you would be a cute, short pixie. But you need to get just the right cut for your face shape and features.

I know you're young but if you can swing it, go to a good salon that really knows how to do short cropped hair and pixies. Maybe your parents can help you pay for your new 'do, if you don't have the money to afford a good salon.

Short hair can look so great on a lady is it's cut right but it does need to be cut right. I would suggest a beautician, a good professional if you are planning to go real short with your hair.

With the right makeup and earrings you can look absolutely stunning young lady in a very short hairstyle. I know my man loves me in a short 'do. Some of the young guys your age might find you quite attractive too in a short 'do, although you are still pretty young to be doing too much heavy dating, (sorry that's the mom in me talkin there LOL!).
Best wishes, chat with ya again.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2004 at 4:31am
You're at a good age to do something daring with your hair (it's when you get older people start expecting professionalism and conformity :-P ). If you want to try Martina's hair or a pixie cut or even something kind of choppy or punky, go ahead and try. No point wasting cool red hair like that on a boring style, after all :-) .
More awesome than a manatee!
Jenie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2004 at 10:30am
Okay one thing in reply to that last post I am not punky I am acctually quite girly hehehe. And I do have an amazing stylest at a high end salon and my parents pay for everything. And though I love my stylest I don't like her oppinions on what she wants to do. Thanx for the help and keep it comming!
vivcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2004 at 6:58pm
Have you tried looking in the style galleries on this site?

I did a search there on Red color and Short length, and also did a search on Very Short length, and found a number of really cute and feminine styles. You might find something you like.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic