Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Catching the short hair bug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Catching the short hair bug
    Posted: April 18 2004 at 7:40am
Following my wife's recent transition from shoulder length brunette to a short (2-3" long) blonde do she returned to the salon after 6 weeks. After all the positive comments she has received since her last cut and loving her first ever short style she decided that she would go shorter still, as suggested by the stylist on her last visit.

The result is now probably 1.5" long and verging on a pixie type cut. She did admit to being somewhat concerned as the cut proceed but after it was completed believes it to be better than the previous version and will probably stay at this length.

I presume her desire to go shorter is not uncommon after taking the initial plunge into short hair. I also think it looks better and find it difficult to believe that 18months ago she had healthy BSL hair, and vowed that she would never have her hair cropped short.

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2004 at 10:02am
I wish more women had the attitude of your wife and went from short to ultra-short with their hair.

That's delightful!

Fortunately I'm with a woman,(BaldJasmine who writes on these boards), that wears her hair in an ultra- short close-cropped afro, and has even shaved her head before, hence her nickname.
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2004 at 4:51pm
Right you are Heratic.

Once a lady goes short with her hair, she gets addicted to short hair and wants to go shorter with it.
At least that's what happened with me.

I kept going progressively shorter with my hairstyle. I eventually went to a buzzcut and then shaved my head and kept it shaved for two years and proudly wore the bald look. I got a great deal of attention with my bald, shiny head, most of it good and most of it from the menfolk!

I still wear my hair very short as my guy Brent mentioned, in a short afro, cut very close to the head. I go in every 6 weeks and get it cut to keep it short.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2004 at 9:05am
When I first met my wife, she had hair down to her butt. She would get upset when the hairdresser would cut more than an inch off. Well over the years, with gently encouragement her hair got shorter and shorter. She even went to a long pixie (hair was above her ears). She now wears it about chin length (flippy bob). I asked her a couple of weeks ago if she wanted to grow her hair long again. She said no way. While I would like to see her go shorter again - I'm glad she doesn't want to go any longer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic