Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I had to do the big chop chop...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lilmountaingrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I had to do the big chop chop...
    Posted: August 08 2004 at 8:56am
To make a long story short, I had dreads for almost a year.... I had to cut them, and ended up with damaged hair, that was further damaged by constant straightening iron usage. Because my hair was pretty much melted into clumps i had to chop it even shorter...... which brings us up to the present. I love short hair on other people, but I feel really really uncomfortable with short hair on me. I like to hide behind my hair, and i cant do that with short, short hair. So i went out and bought 6 different colored super cute pageboy caps that i'm going to wear until my hair's long enough for me to feel comfortable with it. Waaaaaaaaaaah!!! It makes me want to cry since I have a passion for hair and hair styling, and now i feel like i cant do anything with my own. Anyways, here's a couple pictures of the hair cut....

(i've edited this post, trying to get the pics to show up....)

nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2004 at 10:11am
It's very pretty on you. I'm sure that you'll get lots of compliments!

Kathy
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2004 at 11:27am
You look great in short hair!
I would keep it that way!
You look a little but like the singer Alanis Morisette with her new short 'do!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2004 at 1:33pm
Sorry about what happened, LMG, but you look very good short. Long hair, BTW, is NOT a security blanket; in fact, one of my favorite looks on *most* women is a pulled straight back bun.
My only advice, from my wife's growing out, is to try to enjoy each new length as it comes. Have fun with non-perm styles until that day that your hair again starts tickling your shoulders and back. I can only imagine how divine you'll look with long hair again. Good luck! Bob
nonnymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nonnymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2004 at 4:22pm
You look great with your hair like that!!!!!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2004 at 11:15pm
Go out and buy all the cutest little hairpins and hair clippies you can find. All the shapes, rhinestones, little ladybugs and dragonflies. . . oh, and glitter (spray-on or gels), various styling products to play with, scarves, headbands, stick-on jewels and accessories, ribbons. . . anything you can get to stay in your hair at its current length, buy it, wear it, experiment :-) . You can still wear the caps and falls and things sometimes, too, if you want. Just have fun with your hair, and see how many different things you can think to do with it. If you know you look cute, there's no reason to feel self-conscious :-) .
More awesome than a manatee!
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2004 at 11:45am
You're beautiful and your hair looks great. You may find that you like short hair, it is very becoming on you.

Kuroneko has very good advice about hair accessories and BobS suggestion to enjoy your hair through the different phases of the growing out process is also something to keep in mind. Give the accessories a try and maybe use some different gels or pastes for sculpting and textue.

Twanda
lilmountaingrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2004 at 3:18pm
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and great suggestions on the short cut. I do love the fact that i'll be able to really crazy with the cute little hair clips and barrettes, etc. And i love that with short hair earrings will be easier to see then when i had long hair. I keep telling myself that there's plenty of woman out there with short hair that look femine, sassy, fun, and wonderful with their short crops. I remind myself about how cute Alyssa Milano, Ashley Judd, Britany Murphy, and Ashley Scott look with their short hair..... Now if only I could feel confident with short hair for myself, I'd have no worries!
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2004 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by lilmountaingrrl lilmountaingrrl wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and great suggestions on the short cut. I do love the fact that i'll be able to really crazy with the cute little hair clips and barrettes, etc. And i love that with short hair earrings will be easier to see then when i had long hair. I keep telling myself that there's plenty of woman out there with short hair that look femine, sassy, fun, and wonderful with their short crops. I remind myself about how cute Alyssa Milano, Ashley Judd, Britany Murphy, and Ashley Scott look with their short hair..... Now if only I could feel confident with short hair for myself, I'd have no worries!

Not only earrings..you've got a great neckline and with the short hair, you can wear necklaces, too. They'll look great. But, the only thing you can do right now is experiment with the accessories, etc and give it time. If you still don't like it short, then you can start to grow it again. And, the accessories will help wonders with that! But, like we said, it looks great on you!

Kathy
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2004 at 4:53pm
WOW! You look amazing! I don't tell that to many shorthairs, mind you. Reminds me of pretty Maria Von Trapp from the Sound of Music.

Anais
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2004 at 7:39pm
Don't worry about a thing.
You are adorable is your new short hairdo, a real doll!
...but obviously you must know how good you look in short hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic