Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who has taken hair growth pills? advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who has taken hair growth pills? advice
    Posted: August 17 2004 at 9:01pm
I have been considering taking hair growth pills like folicure, formula 37 and hairtopia. When i check all of their ingredients its just like multivitamins and herbs. they have many herbs like fo-ti and horsetail and many many more. When you search these herbs the side effects are horrific, basically what it looks like is you reck your whole body to grow hair. Has anyone used these before, are they really that dangerous? did they hurt you? did they work?
also can you take them with multivitamins?
please give me your honest input.
thanks
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2004 at 9:13pm
This is the short hair board.
If you are trying to grow your hair out, try the long hair board with this question.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2004 at 2:41am
I've never taken any of those, as I have no interest in growing longer hair, but I have tried to take vitamins and herbs to make my hair grow in thicker. So far, it hasn't helped, but I still try to keep up hope, and try new combinations.
It is a good idea to research a herb and ask around others' opinions first before you try it, for sure. If you find out something has scary side-effects, or you haven't heard anyone have good results from it, don't take it. You might want to buy vitamins and supplements individually rather than combined in one "magic pill" so you can choose which ones you want going into your body. But even then, you might have to be careful, as the industry isn't really regulated, and some brands have higher concentrations or different sources for their ingredients than others.
More awesome than a manatee!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2004 at 4:57pm
Fo-Ti is Multiflorum polygonum. It's a Chinese herb we have at our house. Taken as a tea, it makes hair grow in literally black as India ink... We Asian women take it as tea to decrease the amount of grey hairs they get. It really works, too! I'm not sure about what else it's supposed to do... mostly all-around "hair health"... We've experienced no side effects. But non-Asians might, since it's not a familiar herb.

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic