Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bob haircuts on guys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jamie Bailey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bob haircuts on guys
    Posted: September 23 2004 at 8:27am
I need honest opinions from girls and guys. Until a couple of months ago I had my hair cut in a girls blunt bob just below my ears with bangs. I loved the style and how it looked on me but had to cut it shorter for a new job. Now I miss my bob soo much. I want to grow it out again and get a chin length bob with bangs. Do you think a bob like that is an ok style for a guy? WHy or Why not? please I need help here.
Tall girl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tall girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2004 at 10:13am
I don't believe it is a good style on men. It wouldn't look good on them.
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2004 at 10:17am
Do what you want to ...it is YOUR hair! No other person pays your bills so why should you care what people think? It is YOUR life...Do what ever you want to do with it! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Del Piero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2004 at 10:59pm
Honestly, I hate this style.

There's one kid at work that has it, he looks like damn Harry Potter.

He wears glasses too, so... I call him Harry.
EuroDance!!!
Takin it back to the 90's.
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2004 at 12:34pm
Jamie Bailey O_O The Jamie Bailey in Sausage Roll Island Jamie Bailey?
IfOnly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IfOnly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 1:08pm
Though I've gotten a little more conservative as I get older (42) until a few years ago I enjoyed wearing my hair in a chin length bob, no bangs. Longer hair is just too much trouble especially since I enjoy the outdoors.

For some reason I like seeing hair styles that are traditionally the territory of the opposite sex on people. All kinds of short styles on women and various styles like bobs on men. I have thick wavy hair so I had to give up the bob since it had the tendency to go "Bozo the Clown" on me if I had to go outside in the wind and humidity, or even if I wanted to drive with the windows down. That much volume in my hair would have been fine if I were a woman but it really didn't suit me anymore.

Now if I had straighter hair (and probably more importantly, weren't beginning to thin at the temples!) I'd still be wearing a bobbed style!

If anyone thinks men aren't masculine with hairstyes that are traditionally womens styles, just watch the male model in Madonna's "Express Yourself" video! (Man I love Madonna's short wavy blond bob in that video as well!!)

Heck, the pageboy, a bobbed style with bangs originated on men in the middle ages. Styles come and go and really aren't gender specific until elements in society decide on what men and women "should" look like for proprieties sake.
GrowingHairOut View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrowingHairOut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2004 at 8:27pm
You don't need to cut your hair short for work. You can always use hair gel/mouse/fixing wax to keep your hair back and over your ears. It won't go below your collar line at the back.
Then you can go home and wear your hear in whatever style you like.
Jennifer Bailey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 10:07am
SO whats the overall concensus. should I go back to my fem bob like I REALLY wnat to or stay status quo with the same boring mans style?
GrowingHairOut View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrowingHairOut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 5:59pm
Two sayings come to mind:

(1) Don't be a fashion victim, and

(2) Don't let just anyone mess with your head.

In other words, be an individual and choose your own style. If you think your hair is too short, then grow it out. If it's too long and driving you nuts, look for a style you like, and go for a consultation.

If you can do the thick glossy hairstyles like the TV adverts/salon window posters, and you are in a large city, then people will assume you are hair or fashion model, or if you're in a university city, people will assume you are a student. Otherwise, they will probably assume you are a musician.

I work in a university and every guy has their own style - corn rows, afro, long hair, spiral bob, or Bono from U2 (my style - http://www.apple.com/itunes/u2/).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic