Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for short red hair pixie styles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Trinity View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for short red hair pixie styles
    Posted: March 02 2005 at 3:12am
Hi,
I'm new here.
I have long red hair about bsl.
I recently have lost alot of weight and wanted to go short.
i had short hair about 4 years ago, and off and on growing up and really liked it, but grew it out this long because of my weight gain.
I've searched all over the net looking for pics.
I wonder if someone could help me find pics.
I was looking for pictures of Go Go's singer Belinda Carlise when she had a short sleek pixie in the 1980s and again in the 90's.
all the fan sites of hers only show her with long hair.
Or any pictures of redheads with side parted very short styles like pixies, but I really am looking for the side part short bangs look with red hair.
I hope i described it ok. Thanks

redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 6:15am
Hi Trinity!
No pics sorry, but I had long red hair and went short about six weeks ago. I not saying you wont like it, but I hated it! I now have extensions to give me back some length.
All I am saying is be sure that you really want to go short it, takes a heck of a long time to grow hair back again. Best of luck if you do!!!
Hope someone posts some photos for you.
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 6:53am
Hi Trinity,

found these in Russia ...

Hope they're what you're looking for!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 10:58am
Those "Russian" pictures are actually of Belinda Carlisle of the Go Go's from about 8 or 9 years ago.
babygurlz_all_that View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygurlz_all_that Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 2:41pm
Here is a very cute cut and color I like. I wanted to go this short but got very nervous at my short angled crop I have now.
See the short red pixu cut at this link I posted
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP426347679&id=2732
ConanOBrien View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 11:11pm
Well I couldnt find any pics that you requested. But Here's a style suggestion.
I think you'd look great in it

Trinity View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 1:42am
Thanks HD_EU, and Babygurlz.
The pics of Belind were what I was looking for.
I really appreciate it, but I'm still look for clearer or bigger pics of Belinda like that with her hair that short.
All the fan sites seem to like showing her with her long hair only.
Babygurlz, I like your hair now if thats you in your avatar.
I also like the pic you showed me. I'd use it to bring to the stylist but I dont really want the back spiked look.
I guess the cut I want is kinda plain, but I really like a pixie that is simple and side combed.
I dont think i'll have second thoughts though, I really like short hair.
When I was a kid i had long hair. (I'm 22 now) Then cut it short all thru high school. Then when I gained some weight, I wound up growing my hair long again the past 4 years. Its just plain and long. I guess I always thought my face or I looked fatter with short hair. I dont know if that myth is true but as I gained 60 pounds I let my hair grow. So I've accomplished some of my goal and lost 40. I still have 20 to go, but I feel comfortable enough to go back to having short hair again. I just prefer it. I'ts easy to take care of and wear.
Well thanks. If you come across anymore please show me. I havent made my appointment yet to get my haircut. I'm postive I am I just want to find the right pics first.
babygurlz_all_that View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygurlz_all_that Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 9:11am
Thanks and yes that is me in the avatar. I recently went from alittle longer than shoulder length to what you see in the avatar. I dont really like short hair on me at this weight so I understand what you mean about growing your hair long when youre heavier. I think I am going to let mine grow as well and let that sort of be a guidline for my weight goals. When I lose 60 lbs I will get the short crop I want as well. I go to the gym 5 days a week but after only 3 weeks not much of a change. I totally feel the same way about short hair on heavier people. It seems to emphasize the fattness of a face, or thats MY opinion. Long hair HIDEs it lol

Kim
"Its only hair, it will grow back"
Kimbleachedblonde View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbleachedblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 9:11am
Hi I found a style that you might be looking for,
it's on here at hairboutique.
Just go to style # 6315
Kim
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 5:06pm
do a google image search of heidi collins. I don't think you will be dissapointed.
ConanOBrien View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 4:45am
I found these pics.
I think this is what your looking for.
It's a Belinda Carlisle fansite and shows her from tv appearances from the 90'swith short.

http://members.fortunecity.com/belindavault/gogolet.html
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 8:13am
I might have some pics you might like on my computer, but it's nine a.m. and I haven't slept yet, so I'll have to dig for them and find a place to upload them when I'm more awake, if they're still needed.
I don't think it's the weight itself that makes some big women not look their best in short hair. It's pretty much equal parts of how the weight is carried, how the hair is styled, and the woman's attitude. I'm a big girl, but I've never felt short hair was a problem on me, even though I probably could do with losing sixty pounds at the moment :-P .
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic