Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

guys and highlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: guys and highlights
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:11pm
what do you all think of guys with highlights? I was thinking of putting blonde highlights in my light brown hair, but don't know the best way to do it or if they will look good. any info on how I could add highlights or opinions would be appreciated. be specific.
heather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:11pm
> what do you all think of guys with highlights? I was> thinking of putting blonde highlights in my light> brown hair, but don't know the best way to do it or if> they will look good. any info on how I could add> highlights or opinions would be appreciated. be> specific.HI MR HILITES!WELL HILITES ARE SO IN NOW FOR GUYS I PRACTIALLY DO ABOUT THREE A DAY IN MY SALON. YES YOU CAN DO THEM.BUT WHEN DEALING WITH CHEMICALS ITS ALWAYS RECOMMEDED TO LEAVE IT TO THE PRO`S. SO CHECK OUT YOUR LOCAL SALONS.HOWEVER YOU CAN PICK OUT A HILITE KIT AT ANY SALLYS BEAUTY SUPPLY AND JUST FOLLOW MANUFACTURERS DIRECTIONS.GET A WEAVE CAP PUT IT ON HAIR, PULL THROUGH WITH HOOK, TAKE SMALL PEICES, THEN APPLY WHAT EVER PRODUCT YOU HAVE PURCHASED.REMEMBER TO ALWAYS FOLLOW M.F.D
Heather
Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:11pm
> HI MR HILITES!> WELL HILITES ARE SO IN NOW FOR GUYS I PRACTIALLY DO> ABOUT THREE A DAY IN MY SALON. YES YOU CAN DO THEM.> BUT WHEN DEALING WITH CHEMICALS ITS ALWAYS RECOMMEDED> TO LEAVE IT TO THE PRO`S. SO CHECK OUT YOUR LOCAL> SALONS.> HOWEVER YOU CAN PICK OUT A HILITE KIT AT ANY SALLYS> BEAUTY SUPPLY AND JUST FOLLOW MANUFACTURERS> DIRECTIONS.> GET A WEAVE CAP PUT IT ON HAIR, PULL THROUGH WITH> HOOK, TAKE SMALL PEICES, THEN APPLY WHAT EVER PRODUCT> YOU HAVE PURCHASED.> REMEMBER TO ALWAYS FOLLOW M.F.Dwhere is your Salon. I might just get them done proffestionally. do you use heat when you do highlights in the salon?
heather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:11pm
> where is your Salon. I might just get them done> proffestionally. do you use heat when you do> highlights in the salon?HEY MR HILITES,THANKS FOR ASKING, MY SALON IS IN FLORIDA IN PALM BEACH GARDENS, IF YOU IN THAT AREA I WILL LOVE TO DO THEM FOR YOU. I AM RIGHT ON P.G.A BLVD, 561-624-3866.ALSO DEPENDING ON WHAT PRODUCT YOU USE , YES U DO USE HEAT.SO COME ON IN AND I WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU IF YOU NOT IN THEAREA EMAIL ME AND I WILL TELL YOU HOW TO DO THEM.THANKS AND GOOD LUCK,HEATHER. PALM BEACH GARDENS, FLA.
Heather
Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:11pm
HeatherUnfortunately I live in Michigan so Florida would be a bit out of the way to get highlights put in my hair, but I appreciate the offer. Anyways, I bought a kit today and it says to use heat. I also bought one of those cap things. Boy am I going to look stupid with that thing on. Is that how you do guys hair at the salon? My girlfriend is going to help me and her mom has a hair dryer so we are going to use that. Where should I put the highlights? my hair is pretty short and I come it forward. And once I put the highlights in and go to use the dryer do I just go under with the cap on or what? any info or even a step by step thing would be helpful because the kit doesn't have any directions. Thanks for the help.Mr Highlights
david View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:11pm
Joe,Where in Michigan do you live. I've been getting my hair highlighted for about 6 months now. I'm in the Detroit metro area and can recommend some good salons.> Heather> Unfortunately I live in Michigan so Florida would be a> bit out of the way to get highlights put in my hair,> but I appreciate the offer. Anyways, I bought a kit> today and it says to use heat. I also bought one of> those cap things. Boy am I going to look stupid with> that thing on. Is that how you do guys hair at the> salon? My girlfriend is going to help me and her mom> has a hair dryer so we are going to use that. Where> should I put the highlights? my hair is pretty short> and I come it forward. And once I put the highlights> in and go to use the dryer do I just go under with the> cap on or what? any info or even a step by step thing> would be helpful because the kit doesn't have any> directions. Thanks for the help.> Mr Highlights
Joe View Drop Down

DavidI live in the Rochester, Troy Michigan area, but right now I am at school in Kalamazoo, Michigan, but go ahead an recommend a couple of salons. I go home fairly often so go ahead and recommend a few salons.
heather View Drop Down

> David> I live in the Rochester, Troy Michigan area, but right> now I am at school in Kalamazoo, Michigan, but go> ahead an recommend a couple of salons. I go home> fairly often so go ahead and recommend a few salons.HEY DAVID.WELL I LIVE IN FLORIDA AND I AM NOT FEMAILER WITH MICHIGAN, BUT, IF YOU GO TO ANY HAIR SALON THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.GOOD LUCKHEATHER, FLORIDA
Heather
heather View Drop Down

> Heather> Unfortunately I live in Michigan so Florida would be a> bit out of the way to get highlights put in my hair,> but I appreciate the offer. Anyways, I bought a kit> today and it says to use heat. I also bought one of> those cap things. Boy am I going to look stupid with> that thing on. Is that how you do guys hair at the> salon? My girlfriend is going to help me and her mom> has a hair dryer so we are going to use that. Where> should I put the highlights? my hair is pretty short> and I come it forward. And once I put the highlights> in and go to use the dryer do I just go under with the> cap on or what? any info or even a step by step thing> would be helpful because the kit doesn't have any> directions. Thanks for the help.HEY JOE,THINGS YOU WILL NEED:FROST CAP& HOOKPLASTIC CAPHOOD HAIR DRYERKALIDACOLORS HAIR BLEACH, BLUETINT BRUSHGLOVESTINT MEASURING BOTTLE1. PUT CAP OVER HEAD VERY TIGHTLY.2. TAKE HOOK AND PULL HAIR THROUGH THE CIRCLED HOLES.3. WHEN YOU HAVE PULLED IT THROUGH COMB TO MAKE SURE ALLHAIR IT OUT EVENLY.4. MIX 4 SCOOPS OF KALIDACOLORS HAIR BLEACH, WITH30 VOLUME PEROXIDE 2 OZ.NOTE: IF YOUR HAIR IS A LEVEL 1-2-3-MEANING IF IT ISVERY DARK THEN YOU WOULD USE A 4O VOLUME PEROXIDE.5. AFTER YOU HAVE MIXED REQUIERED AMOUNT PUT YOUR GLOVES ONMAKE SURE THE DRYER IS PRE-HEATED.6. APPLY BLEACH TO HAIR THAT IS PULLED OUT OF THECAP, DISTRIBUTE ALL OVER. PUT ALOT.7. COMB THROUGH TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVEN COVERAGE.8. PLACE PLASTIC CAP ON YOUR HEAD SIT UNDER HOT DRYER FOR10 - 15 MINUTES.9. CHECK HAIR TO SEE IF ITS LIGHT ENOUGH.10.WHEN HAIR IS DONE RINSE WITH LUKE WARM WATER,APPLYCONDIONTIONER, RINSE.11.TAKE OF FROST CAP, THEN SHAMPOO WHOLE HEAD AND THEN APPLY MORE CONDTIONER, THEN RINSE.CONGRATES YOU HAVE DONE YOU FIRST HILITE!GOOD LUCKHEATHER ,PALM BEACH GARDENS, FLA
Heather
Amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:12pm
Hey David, Are you going to school here in Kalamazoo. Or just visiting. Just wondering. I am Amanda and I live here in Kalamazoo. What is your last name if you don't mind me asking. I know a couple of David's. Well talk to you later. Amanda> HEY DAVID.> WELL I LIVE IN FLORIDA AND I AM NOT FEMAILER WITH> MICHIGAN, BUT, IF YOU GO TO ANY HAIR SALON THEY SHOULD> BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.> GOOD LUCK> HEATHER, FLORIDA
COUNT DOWN TO WEDDING
7 wks left
Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:12pm
AmandaThis is Joe and I am the one in Kalamazoo not David. I just go to school at Kalamazoo College, but I live back on the East side of the state near detroit. Where do you go to school? It is nice to meet someone who live around here. Talk to you later.Joe
loca View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:13pm
i'd like to give a shot out to miami florida
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic