Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Am I the only one?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lenny G View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I the only one?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:15pm
What you wrote is true enough about the whining. But it is very importan to establish who is in control when it come to your parentsand your head of hair. When I turned 13 a year and one half ago, I became a man in the eyes of my Jewish Religion and I vowed that I could do as I want with my hair, which is dark brown with some naturally lighter tones and real curly. They had always kept it closely cropped but I decided that I wanted to develop dreadlocks. My dad gave me grief as it was growing out and I stopped combing and brushing, but I pretty much ignored him and when I just couldn't take it I'd put my headphones on or leave the room. He eventually got the message and gave up. My mom wasn't happy, especially last year when the locs were in formation. But I told her to bug off and that I wouldn't listen to her comments about my hair unless she wanted me to give orders to her stylist. So basically they dealt with it and got over it because I was firm, unwavering and took control of their reactions. By the time I finished Middle school last June my locs were established and looking good at about 6 inches or so. My next hurdle with them will be the beard I intend to start next month when we take our Holiday Trip to Jamaica. But I'm ready for it. Keep your head high Tina and stay assured. You'll win it if you're prepared to wear them down. > nope. it's not unusual. my mom gives me freedom but i> know she wants my hair shorter. LOts of parents are> worried about losing you as you grow older. or just> want the best for you. tips. no wining, it wont get> you anywere. have you had a serios polite> conversation. try it some time when your mom is more> relaxed, not stressed. and if all else fails, get a> wig. ;)> Good luck,> Juliet
Juliet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juliet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:15pm
> Am I the only frigging 14 year old in the world whose> mother still controls her hair! I have ALWAYS had> short hair and I want to grow it LONG but she won't> let me!!!> I hate it!nope. it's not unusual. my mom gives me freedom but i know she wants my hair shorter. LOts of parents are worried about losing you as you grow older. or just want the best for you. tips. no wining, it wont get you anywere. have you had a serios polite conversation. try it some time when your mom is more relaxed, not stressed. and if all else fails, get a wig. ;)Good luck,Juliet
Tina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 11:15pm
Am I the only frigging 14 year old in the world whose mother still controls her hair! I have ALWAYS had short hair and I want to grow it LONG but she won't let me!!!I hate it!
that is a hair DON'T
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic