Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sleeping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Eowyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eowyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 8:29am
Hey excellent!! Im glad you really like it!
My avatar pic is Eowyn, the White Lady of Rohan. I *wish* I had hair like her's lol!!
Hair is: 1c (straight with body wave and one or two visible S-waves)/ MF(medium-fine)/ii (normal volume)
deltagirl12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 9:17am
Hi Juliana & Em.

Juliana - I bet you look great as a blonde.

Em - Where have you been, we miss you. I agree, this weather does a number on my hair also.

Susan
Susan
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 4:54pm
wow 3 pages now!!

thanks so much for the compliment Eowyn!
(is that your name?)

i trim my hair like im supposed to & im recently
finding some unwante *eek* split ends! how
could this be? any ideas? and any suggestions
on how to help it? its so strange im always so
good to it! haha..
Eowyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eowyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 6:00pm
Hi emilee!
Lol I wish Eowyn was my real name! Its from a Lord of the Rings character, my real name is Laura (much less neat in my opinion!)

Hmm, I think hair can get some split ends, no matter how well you treat it, maybe some hair is more prone than others to it. I think it looks great tho personally from your pictures.
My avatar pic is Eowyn, the White Lady of Rohan. I *wish* I had hair like her's lol!!
Hair is: 1c (straight with body wave and one or two visible S-waves)/ MF(medium-fine)/ii (normal volume)
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 3:17pm
I thought Eowyn was your real name too. I was going to ask if you were Welsh.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
Eowyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eowyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 8:34pm
Ahh man! Lol I should make my signature say "my real name is Laura"

Well, Im sure some of you have heard of Lord of the Rings, but if you haven't thats okay. Eowyn is one character in the trilogy, and she is the White Lady of Rohan, and is the niece of the King of Rohan, who is Theoden. Rohan is just one of the realms of Middle Earth, and it is in the southern part of Middle Earth, and the Rohirrim live there, and their name means "the horse lords"...sorry Im rambling!! Well, anyways its a great book trilogy and movie trilogy too, I highly recommend it!

Okay sorry...back to hair!!
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 12:08am
First, "Bartender, a round of You have beauiful hair compliments for everyone on me."

As for sleeping I use a Sleep Tail.
Sleep Tail isn't a technical term of any kind. It's just what I call the Ponytail that I use for sleeping. Unlike a regular ponytail it has more than one holder.

I use my covered elastics. I put one on at the nape and then carefully slide it down to the bottom position about 2/3 of the way down. Then I put another at the nape and slide it down to the top position 1/3 of
the way down. I have not had as many tangles from sleeping since I started doing this. I don't always do this, but when I don't my hair is worse. Some have tried it and liked it and others didn't.

Here's a picture

emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 3:07pm

more wedding hair photos

hmm.. no more suggestions on split ends?

thanks mr.bubba! haha my cousin used to wear
his hair like that to bed, i should give it a whirl!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2004 at 6:47pm
Emilee, that hairstyle is so beautiful! I actually e-mailed your previous wedding hair photos to a friend who is getting married. It is such a unique look. I had never seen anything like it before.
It makes me want to get married just so I'll have an excuse to wear my hair like that. (I think it might be a little too elegant for a trip to the mall.)

As for split ends -- Oddly enough, I don't have any. I don't know why. I think it's just genetic. I have freakishly strong fingernails too -- they don't break.

I think it's perfectly normal to get some split ends, though. My friend just snips hers off to prevent the split from spreading further up the hair shaft. She doesn't get an all over trim -- she just looks for the individual strands that are split and snips off the split area. Her hair still looks gorgeous.

Judging from your photo, your hair still looks wonderfully healthy. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about a few split ends.

Juliana

P.S. You mentioned keeping some shorter layers around your face. I recently got a haircut with some layers. I love it. It gives me a lot more options when it comes to styling my hair. I have a really pronounced widow's peak when my hair is all one length. The layers hide it. :-)

emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2004 at 6:35pm
wow juliana your hair is great.

im glad that you liked my wedding hair!!
it was soo much fun to go get it done.
when i went for a trial i just sat & looked
at books & pointed at styles i liked & she
started to play with them & do them to
my hair. thats the one we came up with
that i liked the most. i wanted it half up &
half down to show my length (i havent had
it this long since i was about 8!!) so yeah...

as for split ends, youre right.. my hair isnt
all that bad.. i just notice it more then other
people 'cos im overly aware of it (: because
it is my hair & i just want it the healthiest it can be.

i like your layers alot. im growing some of my
bangs back out.. i like having them sometimes
other times i dont haha im so fickle! but ive
been wearing them pinned back alot then i just
take them down they look good either way though
but thanks for the picture & help, i pretty much
have some layers like that now!

anyway.. thanks again! i hope your weekend is beautiful (:
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2004 at 4:52pm
Hey Emilee, more great wedding hair photos -- thanks for sharing!

And thank you Eowyn/Laura for the compliment.

That's a great bartender-ish saying, PurpleBubba.
Ursula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ursula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2004 at 7:08pm
Hi,

I am new and this is my first post. I am so thrilled I found this place.

I first off want to say how lovely everyone's hair is here. You must all be proud and happy!!!

My hair is long, to where if I sit up straight, my hair reaches my waist, barely.

I wish I had a better way of keeping my hair when I sleep. I usually braid it, then I hate it in the morning because it's all frizzy and yucky and I end up washing it almost daily. I found this board because I was looking for some solutions. I need to stop washing my hair so much as it is causing damage. I am also getting a bit of hair loss where my bangs used to be (I've grown them out a few times).

I've had long hair since forever. My last real hair CUT (as opposed to trim) was in 1981 when my mother convincedme to get a Dorothy Hamill bob. Hated it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2004 at 11:00pm
Welcome Ursula. I used to wash my hair everyday, too. Then I got ill for quite a while and started skipping a day here and there. My roots used to feel dirty after just one day, but I think the oil production kind of regulates itself after a while. Now I only wash every 2nd or 3rd day. My hair loves it (and so do I).
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2004 at 6:10pm
welcome ursela..

yeah i am still not happy with how i wear my
hair to bed at night. last night i had it in
two braids & then took the elastics out before
i went to sleep & it worked well. no frizz in the
morning(one thing i hate too!) & yeah.. it
worked alright. but lately ive just worn it down
i dont really know what else to do that works
really great.. braids are nice.. they just create
too much frizz.. then buns or ponytails create
knots. nothing is working haha..
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 9:57pm
Welcome Ursala!

Maybe a high bun would work for you? You could toss and turn and the bun would rest on the pillow no matter how you lie. Let us know what methods you try, and how they work for you.
Ursula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ursula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2004 at 8:51pm
So how do you make a bun that doesn't fall out?

I know this sounds odd coming from someone with long hair, but I always wear it down.

My hair usually falls out of whatever I put it in, be it a hair clip or a lobster thingie to make an up-do.

I am trying now to go every-other-day with the washings. I end up wearing a hat every-other-day, but I'm not washing it so often.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2004 at 3:28am
Hi Ursula. Here are a few links you may find useful.

The first one shows how to make a dancer's bun. You can skip the hairnet part, but the rest of the instructions are very good. When I want a really sturdy bun I usually braid the hair before coiling it.
http://www.seanboutilier.com/howtomakeaperfectbun.htm

This link is for a more casual bun. This is my favourite updo. If you want to wear a high loose bun for sleeping, just skip the hair stick. If you hair won't stay up without a little bit of help, you can use a loose scrunchie. I sometimes use one scrunchie at the base of the ponytail and then another, larger, looser one around the bun. This gives my hair some loose waves when I take it down in the morning.
http://www.ehow.com/how_17117_make-modern-bun.html

I also really like this little gadget. It's a quick and easy way to put your hair up. It stays put too.
http://www.hairagami.com/hairagami.html

P.S. I think some of these directions may suggest the use of styling products. They're not necessary. You can make a perfectly beautiful bun without any styling goop or hairspray.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 5:46am
I've found a new way to put my hair up for sleeping. Rather than just putting it in one loose bun with a scrunchie, I've started putting it in five or six separate buns. I flip my hair upside down, take a section of hair -- twist it, coil it, tie it in a loose knot on the top or crown of my head and then wrap it in a scrunchie. I repeat this 4 or 5 more times. In the morning I have lots of lift at the roots and some nice, loose waves. If I want it even wavier, I do this when my hair is slightly damp. When I take my hair down in the morning, I shake my hair upside-down, finger-comb the waves and I'm ready to go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic