Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ceejee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceejee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advise
    Posted: July 16 2000 at 2:49am
Hi, I have hair at my lower back. I am like kind of tall and skinny and blonde. I am about to get my hair cut pretty short, but I don`t know how short I want it, or if I should do it. I need anvise in the next few days.

Christina
pupe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2000 at 4:37am

Hi Christina !

Of course u should cut it ! ;-) If u think of doing it, just do it. U want to cut it pretty short ? Why don't u start by a short layered style ? shoulder lenght or chin lenght I think. Or u can try a short nape and chin lenght on the face !
Hope, that helps u ;-)

pupe
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2000 at 2:23pm
Hi Christina,

You said, "I am about to get my hair cut pretty short, but I don't know... if I should do it." You seem to be uncertain about cutting it at all, yet you seem to have committed yourself to (what would for at least several years be) an irreversible choice.

I'm curious -- why do you want to cut your hair short? And Since you've asked for opinions, I would suggest delaying a haircut until and unless you feel certain that you want to do so. If you wait a month or two and at that time you still feel that you want short hair, then you will know that you have given yourself the benefit of a fair amount of time to consider the decision. If you cut it short next week and then within a few weeks decided that you preferred it being long, then you might be very regretful.

I'm curious -- why do you want to cut your hair short? And did you purposefully grow your hair long in recent years (and if so, what were your reasons)?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2000 at 2:32pm
Hi pupe,

I wonder... if Christina had said, "I have short hair and I'm thinking about growing it to the lower part of my back," would you say "Of course u should grow it ! ;-) If u think of doing it, just do it." ??

Doing something (anything) just because "u think of doing it" isn't too smart because it doesn't consider the consequences of those actions. I'm not saying that Christina shouldn't cut her hair, but by the same line of thought, neither *should* she do something just because somebody else says that she "should" do it.
HairBrains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairBrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2000 at 2:44pm
Have fun, change can be a blast !! and that does go for someone who wants to grow it down to the floor as well as cut it all off! If you are thinking about doing it for a change GO FOR IT!!!. Of course if you do something like that for spite that would be a dumb thing. But once again if it is your choice - HAVE FUN - Life is too short not too!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic