Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie Gunk Funk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie Gunk Funk
    Posted: October 30 2004 at 6:05am
Hi,
After trying to go to a minimum of products, one final order of hair products came in. I guess I just had to try it. Well, I'm over it. The "I'm new and I think I'll try everything on the planet on my hair at once" syndrome.
These products were for curly hair and had magnesium sulfate (epsom salts) as an ingredient.
I hate to blame it all on these last products, as I've never seen a bad review anywhere on this stuff.

Anyway, my hair looked good after the first use.
Then, it was like my hair was greasy and frizzy all at the same time. And I couldn't get the sticky film off with anything. Finally I shampooed repeatedly with Prell shampoo and baking soda, did a couple of vinegar rinses then shampooed again, then just rinsed the heck out of it with just clear water.

It looks and feels like hair again. It is shiny, bouncy, doesn't feel dry. Obviously, I am not going to put my hair on a steady diet of Prell and baking soda, but I am swearing off the leave in (styling)products other than conditioner and/or oils. And I'm going to be very selective about that.

I guess I'm writing all this to say that you can do too much to your hair and if you do get it all gunked up, maybe the baking soda and stronger shampoo would clear it up. At least try it before you cut. I was so dangerously close to cutting.

HTH someone,
strawberryfine
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic