Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bright colored hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amabanana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bright colored hair
    Posted: July 27 2001 at 6:04pm
Hi everyone! I have dark brown hair that is about shoulder-length and very healthy. I really want to dye it bright pink (think Gwen Stefani from No Doubt), but I`m scared that bleaching my hair and dying it will ruin it, or that I won`t be able to dye it again once the roots start to show, and I will be stuck with hair that is dark brown on top and pink on the bottom. Has anyone dyed their hair from dark brown to a bright color? Any suggestions on brand names, techniques, etc?
Steve the Freak View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve the Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2001 at 10:56pm
While I personally haven`t bleached and dyed my hair, it is something that i have been wanting to do for ages, and the best peice of advice I can offer is "Do a strand test first!"

This will show you if the dye you`ve picked is right for your hair, and if it isn`t, then you`ve just saved yourself a whole lot of fuss!

Good luck!

PS: Gwen Stefani`s hair is great, isn`t it? have you thought about a darker version, like Shirley Manson from Gabage?
Elyssa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elyssa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2001 at 1:27am
Hiya! I`ve dyed my hair tons of times, for questions you can call 1-800-CLAIROL. They are so nice, and give u great advice. What I do is take your time, firstly get your hair lighter( the pink wont show up the first time, itll be like reddy) When your hair is lighter it`ll be easier and brighter once u dye it pink! Good luck, and buh bye.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic