Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

~*~*hair color help!!~*~*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alli View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ~*~*hair color help!!~*~*
    Posted: November 17 2001 at 11:31pm
Hey everyone,
I just dyed my hair so it would be a light brown but instead it turned out to be like a dark brown. Do any of you have any advice on how i could lighten it up w/ out dying it again? Thanks....
Stephanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2001 at 4:09am
dont touch it.
it takes about 2 days for hair color to fully oxidize on your hair, so if it`s past that point, consider stripping and redying (you cant lighten color with color)... otherwise, wait it out, use a harsher shampoo than you normally would (to pull out some of the color) and see what happens in a day or two... you may be surprised (worked fo rme when my dark brown dye job went GREEN-ick for the first day and a half... 3 showers later, I was happy as a clam :))
lgp82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgp82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2001 at 4:29pm
If you just did it, try some dish soap. Yup dawn or something. DO it a few times. It should help "pull" out some of the color. Make sure you use a deep treatment on your hair afterwards.
~*~*Lisa*~*~
Alli View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2001 at 6:13pm
Ok what kind of shampoo`s are harsh shampoo`s?
peace out,
alli
Stephanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2001 at 12:38am
if you listen to my friend the "i`m in cosmetology school and i will tell you everythig you`re allowed to do to your hair and if you try anything else, i`ll whap you with a blowdryer" lady... suave is a killer on hair color... something in it apparently strips fairly well :)

just passing on the info, i havent tried ot for myself
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic