Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are There Advantages To Short Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
§arah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote §arah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are There Advantages To Short Hair?
    Posted: April 23 2002 at 8:39pm
Go for the shoulder length, or a little bit shorter. I just got mine cut that length, and I love it! It is soooo easy to style, but still looks cute and stylish! also, in the summer, it won`t be heavy on your shoulders! I love it! Hope this helps!

Lotsa Love,
§arah
anton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2002 at 2:29pm
let us know about your plans cutting your hair
why not go for a nice short hair cut
anton/zelda
Lydia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lydia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2002 at 4:35am
well i`ve been forced to keep my hair short for a long time and now that school rules are relaxed, i`m growing it long for the first time. short hair is easy to maintain, won`t bother you too much or make you feel hot in a tropical climate (which i live in), and looks simple and pleasant enough. slight laering is okay but never overdo it, or else it is impossible to tie or clip up. i would opt for medium-length hair though. it`s not too difficult to maintain, can be styled and when you tie it back the wind won`t blow it all over your face.

but when you tie long hair, be sure that the hair at the front isn`t tied back too tightly or you`ll get a horrible receding hairline, thin hair and a lot of it will fall out. i realised this soon enough.

good luck anyway!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2002 at 10:14am
Advantages to short hair...you mean besides looking hot, and sexy?
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2002 at 4:03am
Sorry, I didn`t mean to attack anyone. I just don`t like it when people conform to things. I wish my hair was thinner so it wouldn`t so so messy. I don`t see much wrong with thin hair and it can look nicer and you can get all that stuff to make it thicker.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
.copper_sax. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .copper_sax. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2002 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Vineman Vineman wrote:

I much prefer long hair. I really hate it when people say their "too old" for long hair. Do you what you want with your hair, nto what other people expect of you. If most people you know consider long hair to be a young thing, their stupid, people can have whatever hair they like, there is too much conformity in the world. I hate the word "Sophisticated". That's all officey and officey leads to conformity.
Don't listen to what other people say suits you, take it into account, yes, but in the end, you decide yourself.
How is 17 too old anyway?
Short hair is (often)easier to manage and does suit some people better. I personally much prefer long hair. Maybe you should grow your hair out longer instead. The longer it is, the more You can see it without a mirror by just picking it up, you can do stuff with it, like tying it up different ways, it looks better dyed than short hair. You can hold it and play round with it too.

You should consider growing out your hair more to see if you like that just as much?
Cutting it all at once is quite attractive as you see the immediate change.

Do you whatever you think is best though, not what other people think is.

Okay okay vineman!!! Don`t get all moody with me. There is actually a reason why as you get older you tend to get a short cut, er, because your hair thins. Ever seen an old woman with hair down to her bum? Well maybe, but not likely, coz they all go for short and volumeous perms to make it look thicker. NOT SAYING THAT 17 IS WHEN YOU BECOME AN OLD WOMAN, JUST MAKING A POINT! hehe. Maybe you shouldnt cut it, i just cut my long hair and now its just short and ugly. I have a very stubby ponytail. Im growing it out to my bum again. :|
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2002 at 10:26am
Honestly, I think you should probably NOT cut it. Growing it out takes forever... and if you don`t like the cut you`ll most like be impatient for it to grow back out. Maybe try taking a few inches off and getting layers or something. I wouldn`t recommend getting it cut to shoulder length though....that`s too much of a dramatic change!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2002 at 7:43am
I much prefer long hair. I really hate it when people say their "too old" for long hair. Do you what you want with your hair, nto what other people expect of you. If most people you know consider long hair to be a young thing, their stupid, people can have whatever hair they like, there is too much conformity in the world. I hate the word "Sophisticated". That`s all officey and officey leads to conformity.
Don`t listen to what other people say suits you, take it into account, yes, but in the end, you decide yourself.
How is 17 too old anyway?
Short hair is (often)easier to manage and does suit some people better. I personally much prefer long hair. Maybe you should grow your hair out longer instead. The longer it is, the more You can see it without a mirror by just picking it up, you can do stuff with it, like tying it up different ways, it looks better dyed than short hair. You can hold it and play round with it too.

You should consider growing out your hair more to see if you like that just as much?
Cutting it all at once is quite attractive as you see the immediate change.

Do you whatever you think is best though, not what other people think is.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
Maire2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maire2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2002 at 7:01am
OKay, I had long hair, for about 3 years, to the middle of my back, long and thick. Everyone always said how nice long hair was. Well, i got an urge to cut it this fall, and I cut it to my shoulders, and I HATE IT! I can`t do anything with it, and it was much easier to style, and make it look nice when it was long. You are never too old to have long hair. I just wished someone had told me not to cut it before I did! Everyone still keeps asking me why I cut it, and I am majorly depressed, so I`m growing it out, and am never cutting it short again! I almost miss having hair to comb. It`s nothing to brush my hair. Sometimes I used to get annoyed at how long it took to comb my hair, but it is definately worth it, and I miss doing it!!! :O(
Well hope this helps, Seeya later.
*Maire2001*
Brian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2002 at 9:36pm
Hello Playette,

I buy and sell hair for extensions and could pay you some cash for your hair if you decide to cut it to your shoulders all at once. Visit my web site at:

http://ixpres.com/hair

I could pay you about $80 if you cut your hair like Melissa #1 at my web site. Drop me an email if you`re interested, and we can work out the details. My email address is: bks@ixpres.com

Take care
bronwyn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2002 at 3:27pm
I got my hair cut at the beginning of school after having long hair forever. Mine was never as long as yours because I would trim it to about about mid back. I like having my hair shorter mostly but sometimes a I miss my long hair. My hair is straight and between my chin and my shoulders right now and I have shortish bangs. I like short hair because it does not get into everything and it dries faster and I actually do a lot more different things with my hair than I did when it was really long because I always just had it in a ponytail. I think it looks really cute when I take the time to curl it under or flip out the ends.

What I don`t like about short hair is I think it looks messier if I don`t do anything with it. I never knew my hair likes to curl a little bit when it was really long but now that it is shorter it curls in funny ways and sticks out sometimes. Mine is just long enough to put into a little pony tail. I would kind of like to try it a little shorter but I am afraid I will hate it if it is too short to pull back at all.

I hope this helps

Bronwyn
Playette View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Playette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2002 at 11:04am
Well, my basic plans are to cut my hair to about shoulder length or maybe a little shorter. To lessen the risk of me hating short hair I wanna do it probobly three steps. I`m probobly gonna have my one friend who sais she can cut hair cut it to my mid back sometime next week, or maybe even on Monday since we don`t have school. The other cuts will be at a salon i always go to. Why? Mostly for thechange. I also think I would look really cute with kind of short hair, plus long hair is hard to take care of and hard to make look good all the time.

Richette
anton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2002 at 6:55am
please let me know whats your plans/how short are you planing to go
why
can give you some advice
anton/zelda
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2002 at 4:50pm
If I read you right I think you should keep your long hair until you have a baby.....

I know I`ll hear the sexist remarks....
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
FlipGirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlipGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2002 at 11:57pm
Don`t Cut It. I had my hair as long as yours and cut it almost to my sholders, and got advise from lots of people on here to cut it too. I liked it at first, but then I realized that i didn`t even really want short hair and it took almost 2 years to get to about where it was before without hardly any trims. It is not really worth is, short hair is what everyone has, you don`t need a change just to change into what other people have. The people on here are not really objective, as they have really no idea what you personally will look good in and from reading the bords, most people tell all girls to chop their hair off ino the same style no matter who it is, then tell them they have great features for that cut. The reality is, some of them have an obsession with hair being cut and you shouldn`t just do it because they tell you it will look good. it might, but it might not be something you like.
Katie U View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2002 at 10:05pm
Well, I have had my hair many lengths. I went from blonde hair as long as yours, to above my shoulders (accidentilly, long story), to a pixie, all the way back to my shoulders, to only 1 inch long. I did not like my hair at shoulder legnth so I got it cut to a pixie, but some of that might have been because I was so mad about my long hair being chopped off by that stupid stylist. I got frusterated and went extremely short. Although I like pixies, I would not recomend them if there is any part of you that will want long hair again, because your looking at over a year just to be able to pull your hair back again. When looking at pictures of when my hair was first cut to above my shoulders, they looked pretty good, although I had a shocked face on most of them. That seems to be what you want to do. My advise, do it in steps. I am trying to grow a pixie out to my shoulders again, then my goal is to get it to be to my waste again, but who knows if I will make it before I go nuts and cut it. If you cut your hair to mid back, and realize that it was a mistake, at least it is not a 2-3 year mistake like going right for a short cut will be. Also, yes you can have almost anyone do the first cut, as long as you want no layers or anything beyond just straight across at a certain point. Also, there will be less chance of a "misunderstanding" than there will be with a stylist. Mine made a "mistake" that cost me years of growth and a major dilema. So my advise would be to get the first cut done with a friend, and the next two with a stylist. Write back and let us all know.

Katie U
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2002 at 6:55am
Hey, I know there are alot of people out there that are against Locks of Love, but you could always donate your hair. If you get the waste length hair cut to shoulder length, you could give some girl long hair for a wig. That would be awesome. Just a thought. Good luck!!!
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
Playette View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Playette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2002 at 9:23pm
I think going all the way to my shoulders right away would be kind of a drastic change, but I think I am going to cut my hair. My end goal will be probobly above my shoulders, depending on how much I like is short as I get slowly shorter. How short do you think is a good first step? I`m thinking about having it cut to about the middle of my back, then if I like the way a change feels I will probobly cut it to maybe my shoulder blades within the next month after the first cut, then if I still want to I`ll go for the big cut and cut it real short. I`m actually excited thinking about it. I don`t know about three different appointments though, do you think it is important to go to a high proced, high quality, hair saoln for just the first cut, since it will probobly be changed quickly anyway, or could I even have someone do it for me, because i don`t really have the money for three trips to the salon and my parents don`t really want me to cut my hair so I don`t think they would fund my little project. Get back to me.

Richette
.copper_sax. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .copper_sax. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2002 at 5:47am
Originally posted by Playette Playette wrote:

Can anyone on here tell me the good and bad sides of having short hair, and by short I mean like anywhere above shoulderlength to about chin length, I'm not really talking about pixie short. Anyone who has had long and short hair please respond because I am in the position of having the dilema of weather to cut my long hair short.
I don't really know what having short hair is like, because mine has always been pretty long and I never really cut it other than to trim it. I cut it from waste legnth to about mid back length once but grew it right back to waste legnth. I'm 17 now and think I may be getting a little old for long hair and may want something different. But what I want to know is if there is really a point. I have waste length, straight blonde hair, I'm about 5'5", white with tan complection and skinny but I do have a pretty nice body and was told I have the features to support having short hair.
Is short hair easier to style? Does it make you more or less attractive in general? Is it less annoying? Will I be in total shock if I do cut it to say shoulder legnth? Do you recomend cutting it a little at a time or all at once? Please try to get back to me ASAP.

Richette

Short hair when you are older can make you look very sophisicated and is much easier to style because less time is needed. Long hair also needs to be in very good condition and preferably thick to look at its best, so if yours is thin then go shorter. Yeah, I would suggest getting it cut gradually because you may decide you dont like it, or want it long again when a new fashion comes along. Attractiveness isn`t just about hair, it`s also about the face and the rest of the body, and from the sounds of your description, having a shorter hair cut could only add to your beauty. Both lengths, long and short can get annoying. Long hair can be easier sometimes because you can just tie it back in a ponytail or braid to keep it off your face, but with short hair you can`t, though there are plenty of cute clips you can use, or just slick it back with gel. I used to have butt length hair, went shorter to my shoulders, and now I have an apointment tomorrow to get it done even shorter, i love short hair! :|
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2002 at 11:57pm
Hello,

I would recommend cutting it to shoulder length first and then if you still want it shorter you can go for chin length the next time. It sounds like you want something different and hey, its only hair, it`ll grow back. Shoulder length would be a good first step. It will be a change and something different but yet not too drastic. Take care and keep us posted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic