Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"New Summer Do" gone bad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "New Summer Do" gone bad
    Posted: May 19 2002 at 9:50pm
hey everyone, I would like to share the story of what happened to my beautiful hair (*tear*) last week. Well the summer is coming up soon and everyone always seems to get a fresh new look for the summer except for me, I usually stay with the long layered look, about half way down my back with a few layers, simple and always looked good. Well for some reason I decided I needed to fix a good thing and get my hair cut. It is going to be my senior year and I`ve had this same cut since I got into high school, so I decided to do something different by doing what everyone else does in the summer and cut their hair shorter (how ironic). Anyway I told the hair dresser, who I usually go to and trust and she never gets too carried away with the scissors. I made the mistake of telling her I wanted a new look for the summer, but then I thought I clearly explained that I wanted the same style but cut to about my shoulders. I figured if I didn`t like it I could grow it back out and it wouldn`t be that much shorter, even though it would still be a noticable length. So she made the first cut just touching my shoulders and went from there. I thought it might be a lot right at first but I thought she would keep the length there. Well we got into one of those stupid conversations that lasted for almost a half hour which was normal even for a trim. Somewhere along the line I noticed she was cutting quite a lot to just add some more layers and I realized she had gone quite a bit shorter than I expected. I didn`t want to yell at her because she has always been so nice si I just asked if we were soon done. She said we were and finnished up. When she was done and dried and styled my hair, which was now a very high chin length bob with short layers. I pointed out to her that she really took a lot off, just nicely, and she must have finally come to her sences and she started appologizing and asking for forgiveness. I forgave her and she let me go without paying. I am really having a hard time getting used to it. I can`t do anything with it and it is so short. It looks OK I just never really wanted it that short. I don`t know really why she did it, she must have just been trying to give me a new cut and not realized I didn`t want itthat short, or at least forgot. So now I have (am stuck with) my new summer do and apparently until I can grow it back, which seems to be about a year away, then next year maybe we can do it all over again. Well thanks for listening and if you have any ideas for me let me know.

*~ Emily~*
Nicole M. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2002 at 12:16pm
I`m really sorry for you! Must be so hard having a change like that that you didn`t want.

On the upside, at least it is a super fashionable hairstyle at the moment. And you can do different and fun things with short hair too. (takes less time to dry, totally different look, etc.) Just try to enjoy it for now, because it will be long again in a few months.

Nicole

Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2002 at 3:13pm
That must have been really bad. I have to go to one specific barber in one specific barber shop because he knows exactly what to do to my hair I don`t trust anyone else they`ll cut it short because there are very few boys with long hair in my area!
If you have a lot of money (I don`t know how much they cost) then get some extensions then you can have your hair whatever length you like.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
Nikkie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2002 at 2:14pm
ohh! Soo sorry to hear that!

The same kinda thing happened to me. It was my 16th birthday, and I wanted a change. I had long layered hair, that went down about 5 inches below my shoulders. I went to the hairdressers and started looking through the hairstyle books. I found one that I really liked, it was kind of like a shoulder length shag with a just-out-of-bed kind of look. I showed the hairdresser the stye and she said that it was no problem...and I trusted her...

Like you, me and my hairdresser started having a long conversation and in the midst of things, I didn`t realize that the woman was cutting off ALL MY HAIR!!! It`s hard to explain how my hair looked by the end...all I can really say is I looked like a mushroom...

She cut a portion of my hiar to a length just under my earlobes, and the other portion (underneath) she cut shoulder length...*sobs* I was devastated, especially since it was my birthday!!

I yelled at the woman, because I was furious, and I didn`t have to pay. But the wounds are still on the surface. My hair (the short part) is now just below my chin.

I want to get my hair cut again, just so that I don`t look like a hill billie anymore. lol
I was thinking of going for a look like that girl from the show smallville (Chole or something like that) but, I`m scared lol. I don`t want to go through what I did again.

All this time, I`ve kept my hair up in pony tails and such, because I looked like a moron with it down.
oOoStArSpArKoOo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oOoStArSpArKoOo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2002 at 10:38am
That`s so sad. I`ve never had anyone cut my hair much shorter than I had wanted it, but I know that must suck. I had my hair cut chin length a few months ago, and I can still put the back up in a ponytail and let some of the hairs in front hang down. I also put it up and then take a bobby pin or two and (the best way I can explain it) try and pin the tail up and the ends stick out, and it looks pretty cool. Just be creative and come up with stuff you can do with your hair with it at the length you have it, because there`s no instant way to grow all your hair back. :)
StArSpArK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic