Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I want straigt hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want straigt hair!
    Posted: May 21 2002 at 3:17pm
MY hair is about < 2 inches from chin length, and it`s wavy and very often goes messy and sticks up no matter how much I comb it or use conditioner or put gel in. I can get it pretty much straight or mildly wavy by combing it a lot wih a wet comb (I need to use a wide tooth AND a narrow tooth) but the bits at the back still stick up! I don`t mind if it`s wavy that much I just wish it wouldn`t stick up. I`m growing my hair out and I don`t want it to pile in a bit mess at the back.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
Shortcake View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortcake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2002 at 2:38pm
Hey, have you ever tried curling it instead of straightening? I have really curly hair and trying to straighten it is such a pain. When I straighten my hair, I use a Conair Steaming Straightener. It works really good if you do it right. You should consider your options. Since your hair is naturally wavy, you can do a lot with it. If you do straighten it, try a different method, cuz it sounds like you`re havin a hard time as it is. Try curling it and you might be surprised at what you see. What I do with my hair is this: when I get out of the shower, I put gel or moose in my hair (which ever you prefer) , then I comb through it to get the tangles out, then I use my fingers as a comb, finally, I take the hair and scrunch it (scrunching helps bring out the curls a little better).
If that doesn`t work, I would suggest talking with a hair stylist.

Straight hair impared,
Shortcake
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic