Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

you think I should dye my spike hair white?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Le View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Le Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: you think I should dye my spike hair white?
    Posted: July 19 2002 at 1:07am
you think I can dye my hair white?, I`m asian and have spiked hair. So.... I`m not sure how I would look like if I had white spiked hair?
quote View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2002 at 9:16am
whats with all the asian ppl dying their hair? everyone knows most if not all asians have black hair so you`re just gonna look abnormal with white hair.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2002 at 9:34am
Woah, thanx, quote, my thoughts exactly. No offense but Asians changing the color of
their hair is so extreme and ungainly.
Jeanie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2002 at 4:16pm
WOW.....I can`t believe how racist you people are. What do you mean no offense?Your statement couldn`t be anything but offensive. Your thinking is really outdated.This guy obviously wants an unnatural look. White blonde hair looks unnatural on almost everyone except the extremely pale. Thats the point. To stand out. If you think it looks uncouth thats just your opinion.
Asian people or any other race of people changing there hair color does not mean they are trying to "pass" or deny there race. Most of the time its just about being fashionable. I`m sure some people hate there culture so much that they do try to be like another but it does not sound like this guy is like that.
That being said I will get to the answer about bleaching to white.
Asian hair is a bit tougher to bleach(it is usually thicker) but it can be done. By some bleach at the beauty store called 7th Stage.Its made by Clairol. Ask the clerks to help you find it. It is a very strong bleach. You may need to bleach it several times over a few days to get it light enough. You will need to get it to pale inside banana yellow. Then use a "toner" with a violet or a blue base color.You can find all this at the beauty store.
Good luck and don`t let the haters get to you!!
quote View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2002 at 4:44pm
ok ***** if u wanna make it about race.. I said nothing about race and didnt mean a damn thing about race. if you wanna look like a friggin weirdo, then dont be *****in at us when everyone laughs at an asian with white hair. YES white people might dye their hair some weird colors, including white, but as you said it could be natural also. you will never ever see a naturaly white haired asian. sorry u got no respect for my opinion and truth but whatever Jeanie.
ladystardust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladystardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2002 at 9:39pm
I have seen Asian people with white hair-as in nauturally white-but they were albino or over 70. I also had an Asian classmate who liked to wear light blonde wigs and they actually did not look that bad on her. I think a lot of this depends on your skin tone-if you have warm or brown tones to your skin, the white might not look so hot.

Be careful bleaching-I almost want to say to get it done professionally to avoid serious damage. You can also just bleach chunks and do the manic panic thing...certainly you can find all kinds of non-natural colors there :)

Erin

Jeanie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2002 at 9:55pm
Well Quote you did make it about race by saying whats with all the ASIAN people dyeing their hair.......If a person is Asian it is their race. So you did mention it. You are ignorant, and no I don`t respect ignorant peoples opinions.
I don`t think this guy cares if it looks"natural". Thats not the point.The point is you got mad because I called you on your attempt at making this Asian guy feel bad about himself for wanting to look unique.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2002 at 6:38am
People can do what they like to their hair
I`ve never seen Asian people with blonde hair, except a picture of one of those tanned ones. I like Asian girls` faces and I think they`d be quite pretty with long blonde hair.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic