Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! I HAVE THICK, WAVY HAIR!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxbebebrunettexx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxbebebrunettexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! I HAVE THICK, WAVY HAIR!
    Posted: March 28 2003 at 4:37pm
hey. I have about shoulder length, a litte longer, frizzy, wavy, thick, very very thick hair. I cant wait it down becasue it is very frizzy in the back and the sides just poof and and have a millon flyaways on top of that. Ive tried leaving conditoner in my hair, some stylign products, blow drying, everything....Im going to get my hair layerd Sunday since my parents wont let me get it thinned. Do you have any advice. Wether it be home made recipes, things that worked foryou, hair cuts or products I would so love to hear them becasue all I want is that sleek, smooth look in my hair and not feel like i have an afro. Thank you so much. Luv 2 all of you...
if you could please email me some
tips at
xxbebebrunettexx@yahoo.com or
Instant Message me at
xxbebebrunettexx that would help
alot becasue sometimes I cant get to
this website...but anyway
works...thanks to much
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2003 at 12:07pm
i also had very thick frizzy/curly hair the only way i got rid of it was when i got it thinned out at the salon, it's been about 6 months now and my hair is a good thickness and i also got rid of my frizzy hair by using a product called curl vive, also when you get your hair thinned out it also minimizes the flyaways.
sugababy90 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugababy90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 9:48pm
Try reading the curly girl book by Lorraine Massey. Even though it's for curly girls, it has home made recipes you can try and they really enhance your natural hair type. I have wavy/straight hair and I tried some of the recipes, and let me tell you they're awesome! If you wanna straighten your hair, try getting it professionally straightened or get that Yuko straightening thing done.
Katriannal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katriannal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 1:42pm
sometimes layering your hair isn't the best idea! if your hair strands are naturally thick it isn't a good idea it will make your hair dry out. No i have no scientific evidence or n e thing but it happened to me. It will make your hair dry differently and it will frizz out. Sometimes not even thinning it out helps, it only makes frizz worse because when u think you hair u have shorter hairs all over that would tend to frizz easier. hope this helps.
mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2003 at 7:13pm
Hey! My hair is almost the same as urs, but its long. First i tried thinning it out, then i learnes afterwards that its realyl bad for your hair. My suggestion to u is try straightning your hair. If you get layers its only going to make your hair worse then it already is. Go to your hairdressor and ask to order one.
Hope i helped!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic