Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Questions for those with Scissors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions for those with Scissors
    Posted: February 13 2005 at 8:25pm
For those of you who currently have scissors, I want to get a new pair.

Could you tell me the following.

1. Where did you buy them?

2. What brand are they?

3. How much were they?

4. Could you hold them up to a light and tell me how much of a gap if any is there between your blades. I want a new pair because I don't like the gap my pair has.

Thanks
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 1:33pm
Oh golly... Mine doesn't have a brand. But I can tell you that it's a long pair with VERY little space between the blades. There's a very smooth glide between the blade edges during cutting. I bought it from either a drugstore or a dollar store, and use it ONLY for hair. It looks like a pair of sewing scissors, and I did test with cardboard in the store before buying (shhhh don't tell :)) Personally I think the more important thing is the cutting "motion" when a pair of scissors is not brand name.

ETA: Scissors also tend to dull more on the "inside", towards the joint of the blades. I tend to use the outside to quickly snip the hair, not slice it with the inside.

Many people swear by sewing scissors, and that they are stupendous for hair. I've used a pair of real sewing scissors before, but I stopped because they were 20 years old. :)

HTH
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2005 at 10:42am
1-3: http://mp.hairboutique.com/product.asp?ProdID=101285&CtgID=

4: Just a bit more than the width of one strand of my medium-fine hair. I managed to thread one through and it moves freely but I would guess that the gap is not more than 2-strands wide. Total SWAG would be that the gap is less than 1/100 of an inch.

Yes, I like them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic