Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Everyone check this out!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmberInRockFalls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberInRockFalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everyone check this out!
    Posted: June 11 2003 at 5:53pm
My hair is frizzy, can be poofy, and its shoulder length. Its pretty thick, too. Any ideas on what to do with it? I don't really want to cut it because I want it to be long (like down my back) but I do need some new things to do with it! I have plenty of time now that its summer so I have lots of time if thats what it takes for some new hair-do's. I'm also looking for any ideas to improve my hair. I've tried Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek and I've tried Suave Hot Oil but nothing seems to work. :(
Hair do's and any unique ideas to improve my hair would be MUCH appreciated! :) Thanks everyone!
Rock Falls Girl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberInRockFalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 6:01pm
Oh and also I was thinking about dying my medium brown hair to blonde. But my hair is really damaged (which is why its always so frizzy...:() so maybe its not such a good idea...I've always done my hair at home. I've permed once and dyed about 30 times. I really need help to fix my hair and make it beautiful. I have the most important night on Saturday, so ANY help would be sooo appreciated!! Thanks again! :)
Rock Falls Girl
LOTRgirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOTRgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2003 at 6:59pm
Hmmm....one suggestion is STAY AWAY FROM SUAVE! Suave is really inexpensive, and they give you what you pay for! Cheap, low-quality stuff.

Have you tried Japanese Hair straightening? It's pretty expensive but it may help you a lot.

Kgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 11:13am
Hi Amber,

You might want to purchase a ceramic iron, like a CHI, HAI, or UNIL. They're pricey, but well worth it. Also purchase some Biosilk Silk Therapy, to protect from the heat. It'll make your hair really smooth and shiny and frizz-free.

HTH.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberInRockFalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 12:32pm
What is Japanese hair straightening?? And what is biosilk? Is it shampoo or something extra? Thanks guys! :)
Rock Falls Girl
LOTRgirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOTRgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 12:50am
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 8:46am
The Biosilk product in question is a silicone-based serum. Silicone finishers can impart brilliant shine, but I cannot recommend this particular one. It contains SD alcohol 40B, a denatured alcohol used to speed the drying process but can also dry out hair as well. I suggest trying one of the many, many shine serums on the market today that only contains a combination of silicone derivatives (cyclomethicone, dimethicone, phenyltrimethicone, etc.) Sally Beauty has a couple of great spray-ins and one in liquid form by Beyond the Zone that is cheap and identical to higher-priced versions by John Frieda and the like.

The rest of the BioSilk line is hit or miss. The conditioners are generally pretty good (Fruit****tail is quite nice) but some of the shampoos contain drying detergents such as sodium olefin sulfate, which you should avoid if your hair is dry or chemically processed.

Hope this helps!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberInRockFalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 3:23pm
Thanks for the help with my frizzies guys :) But I also need some ideas asap on what to do with my hair. Its a risk leaving it down. I have a big hair clip, bobby pins, and hair ties. Any unique hair styles I could do? This is urgent!
Rock Falls Girl
Meekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 10:23pm
Use a really good deep conditioner , and try to stay away from heat styling. Try almost anything that says moisturizing on the bottle. If you have some time in , get a moisturizing hair mask.

For the hair style , You could try something with braids - they will hold all the poof in , and when you take them out You''ll have nice waves.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberInRockFalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2003 at 4:42pm
I usually use herbal essences and I've looked for a conditioning mask made by them but I've yet to find one. Has anyone ever seen one?? Does anyone recommend any specific conditioning mask?
Also thanks for the braid idea, I'll have to try something out sometime. Heres hoping! :)
Rock Falls Girl
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic