Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Animal Rights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmberInRockFalls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberInRockFalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Animal Rights
    Posted: July 08 2003 at 5:02pm
Are there any animal rights activists out there? Anyone out there refuse to buy certain products due to animal testing? Products such as Johnson & Johnson , L'Oreal, Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, Oral-B, Pantene, Physique, Suave, Vidal Sasson, Nair, Clairol, Cover Girl, Dial, Gillette, Finesse, Salon Selective, and Thermasilk all do animal testing. If you really would like to help join peta2.com or peta.com If they ask for referral please put down vanillypop@hotmail.com
Rock Falls Girl
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 1:10pm
I'm a member of Baby.com and we advocate testing on cats dogs and monkeys to be certain products are safe for our babies and children!
astrogoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astrogoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 12:33am
ME TOO! I don't want to get into a fight but I too am an advocate of animal rights and I specifically look up cruelty free products. And what difference does it make between animal-tested products for babies and animal-tested products for everyone else?

I'd say the Body Shop is definitely a great store to check out.

And for other Animal Rights supporters: remember that MANY corporations own various beauty lines. If you can remember the name of the huge conglomerates (sp?), check the fine print usually at the bottom back of a bottle. That usually has copyrights to the company that owns that line. For the list of course check PETA's website!
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 1:42am
Paula Begoun's Don't Go Shopping... books all have a lengthy animal rights/animal testing chapter in the back.

She goes into details about what brands do what.

Some brands that advertise themselves as "Cruelty Free" actually test the individual ingredients, just not the finished product. She named The Body Shop as one of these companies.

I am for animal testing in some cases, but I know a lot of the time they take it too far. Like giving a mouse whopping doses of something to see how it reacts. That makes no sense, especially when it's something that human beings only come in contact with in trace amounts and our bodies are so much bigger than mice.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
wheeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 11:31am
Geez, I didn't know that so many brands tested on animals. I really don't like the idea but I use so many of those products that I'm not sure if I would be willing to change all of them.
Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
- M. Scott Peck
Trillion View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2003 at 5:32pm
Babe, I promise it aint gonna hurt the piggy to put Revlon cosmetics on his face , mmkay?
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2003 at 6:19pm
Heh. They don't put the cosmetics on the animals' faces.

They check individual ingredients for general toxicity by making them eat it, or injecting it into their bloodstream.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
lilmiss808 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmiss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2003 at 11:04pm
I don't buy any products that test on animals. I make sure they say they don't!!!! Have you seen the pictures of what they do to theM?? its so cruel...how would we like it if we got tested on? I just get pissed when i see and hear about it!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmiss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2003 at 11:04pm
I don't buy any products that test on animals. I make sure they say they don't!!!! Have you seen the pictures of what they do to theM?? its so cruel...how would we like it if we got tested on? I just get pissed when i see and hear about it!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmiss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2003 at 11:07pm
http://www.allforanimals.com/cruelfree1.htm
go to that website they have a whole list on products that test and do not test on animals!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic