Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

any probs come to mizz P

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mizz_perfect442 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizz_perfect442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: any probs come to mizz P
    Posted: August 05 2004 at 5:45am
i no wat i am talkin bout u no i have great hair. Just rthe lengh that bothers me but its nothnin big .
frizzygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2004 at 10:53am
Sorry to hi-jack your thread, Miss.P but i wanted to ask Aimless13 what kind of shampoo, conditioner and styling products she uses. This can make a huge difference. If your shampoo/conditioner is too drying, your scalp could be over-producing oils to replenish your hair. If it's too moisturizing, it'll make it limp later in the day. You can pm me, if you like
CO wash only since September '04! Dyed red botticelli curls (3b), fine and just past shoulder length

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizz_perfect442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2004 at 9:13am
ask someone else older maybe in a store bout the hair thing. And the other person try a trim and straighten it.
from
Mizz P
Aimless13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aimless13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 11:24pm
alright Mizz Perfect, I have a question.
I have relatively thick, fine, very oily (as in, if I don't wash it every morning it looks like i bathed in grease), just below shoulder-length, slightly wavy hair. And just since I'm telling you everything about my hair, it's brown too. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out a new hairstyle for school, and I'm thinking long bangs, slightly layered, but still keeping my hair long. The only problem is, I know I would need to blowdry it every morning but when I do, by early afternoon, it's dead-limp and hangs on my head like a mop. Any way you could help?
*Aimless*
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 9:43pm
Okay.. I'm sorry about that MizzPerfect, it was an impulsive question. I had my hopes up that somebody out there could answer the question I've had for soooooooo long. I've been out of high school for a couple years and I'm not taking a lab class anytime soon.. so asking a science prof is outta the question.

But if you were wondering, most conditioners out there have an ingredient that ends in "cone". (some examples are Suave, V05, Pantene, L'Oreal) "Cones" like dimethicone are a plasticlike ingredient that coats each hair to protect from heat, cold, wind, etc... while other conditioner ingredients help attract moisture to the hair shaft.

Recently I've been wondering if plastic-free conditioners work if their moisturizing ingredients are not "glued" onto the hair by the plastic ingredient. I hope this makes more sense. Maybe you could ask your chem teacher for me, lol : ) since I don't have one.

Anais

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizz_perfect442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 8:10pm
buying the right condisner is important. Look in the supermarkets at the condiners and see if it says wat u want. Cuz personally it dont no wat silcone de wateva means tell me in english pretty please.

from Mizz P
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 7:39pm
Hello MizzPerfect,
Here's something I've been wondering about... Nobody's been able to answer this for me yet, and I hope you can help me out... pleeeease!!!
How does a silicone-derivative-free conditioner work? I know that any conditioner is formulated with humectants such as sorbitol and p.glycol, but how do they work without protective coating? Please help.

Anais Satin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizz_perfect442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 6:14pm
if anyone has any probs at all with there hair please be free to ask mizz P
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic