Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

getting hair softer and longer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 11:36am
It went well. I have so much hair that I'm not sure if I didn't shampoo it out enough. But it doesn't matter to me. My hair came out softer and that's all that matters to me. I have African-American hair so my scalp isn't oily so oils wouldn't make my hair look greasy or anything. Do you have any other natural recipes for hair care?
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 6:49pm
Hi Layla,

I can't say I do.. but lately I've been researching different properties of affordable clays such as Bentonite and Kaolin. Many people have had success with a clay based shampoo-- just clay, water, and with or without honey/molasses. Sometimes an essential oil can be added. I'll be sure to post my results with this sometime after I try some combinations.

Anais

Edited to add: I can recommend jojoba oil, shea butter, and avocado oil for both hair and skin. I don't have any specific recipes that are written down. I have made lotion bars with the above ingredients and they turned out lovely. It's 1/3 part beeswax, 1/3 part any butter such as shea or kokum, 1/3 part an oil mixture. Melt the beeswax and add everything else, when liquefied pour into molds or lotion sticks.
my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic