Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair
    Posted: October 18 2004 at 10:00am
I really don't like my hair. I straighten it everyday.
But whenever I get on the bus or outside the humidity from the bus gets to it. My hair starts to go curly again. I hate curly hair. I also have a professional straightener It works really well but my hair still goes straight. Please I need a solution.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lina
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2004 at 2:03pm
I know this isn't something you want to hear, but...

Make peace with your hair.

The best solution is to stop straightening. Curls are something beautiful and working with your natural curl is (though a challenge) well worth it. Keep them well-moisturized, come up with a new routine, and your curls will totally love ya.

Hugs,
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2004 at 5:56pm
If you are straightening your hair everyday you are doing more harm than good and then you might be on here saying that you wish you had hair.

You need to make peace with your hair, you need to understand your hair. Why do you hate curly hair so much?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2004 at 2:06pm
I basically want to tell you to make peace with your hair as well. I think that curly hair is beautiful on people.

But if you must insist on straightening, you may want to look into Japanese Straightening. It's a permanent way to get straight hair; My cousin's done it with her hair before. Look into Asian salons for prices, and make sure that they have a good reputation when it comes to caring about their customers before you pay them to have your hair straightened.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2004 at 4:40pm
I would not recommend that there is a post on straight hair, I believe, where women have their hair falling out from that straightening system. Also it has been on 20/20 about women with that hair process who has ball patches but they continue to do it out of the hope to have straight hair.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

xXxMelissaxXx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXxMelissaxXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 12:06pm
Hey Gurl... I agree with all these gurl.. they are right if u keep straightening ur hair... ur going to end up having no hair or ur hair is going to be burt realy bad.. I don't no why ur so up-set with having curly hair.. i would love to have curly hair there is so much u can do with it... and it look so cute but i guess everyone wants what the can't have
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic