Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Products for you hair type

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
missJ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Products for you hair type
    Posted: November 21 2004 at 10:08am
Is it okay to use a conditioner that's not for your hair type?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2004 at 2:57pm
I don't see why not. The three biggest factors people have conditioners for their "type" of hair:

(1) Moisture: coarse, curly/wavy, or Asian hair types need a lot more moisture than other hair types. That's why many curly products work just as well for Asians and coarsehairs, and vice versa.
(2) Silicones or lack thereof: Fine hair types often don't do well with conditioners having silicone ingredients (under ingredients, cones will have "cone", "conol" or "siloxane" at the end of the word). These plastic ingredients tend to suffocate fine hairs and cause breakage. Coarse straight hair tends to do better with them though.
(3) Color care products: the special something is mostly in the shampoo (using gentle cleanser ingredients). plus other color protectant/color enhancer chemicals.

So it depends on your hair type and what kind of conditioner you are planning to use.

HTH
Anais
Missj View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2004 at 4:44pm
well i have thick curly/wavy hair. i planning on using Infusium 23 Revitalizing conditioner for fine/ thin hair
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2004 at 5:50pm
The big concern is whether a fine hair conditioner is moisturizing enough for your curls.

I've read the ingredients and this conditioner is LOADED with plastics (cones). Curlies generally don't do well with them because it can cause breakage. Then again, other curlies clarify often with apple cider vinegar rinses and they do WELL with cones. Try the Infusium stuff and see, but just be sure to clarify really really well.

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Quaternium 18, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Fragrance, PEG-2M, Ceterayl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethycellulose, Glyceryl Stearate, Oleyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Panthenol, EDTA, Polysorbate 60, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Betaine, Polyquaternium 11, PEG 8, Sodium PCA, Sorbitol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth 12, Serine, Glycine, PEG 8/SMDI Copolymer, Gluctamic Acid, Palmitoyl Myristyl Serinate, Alanine, Oleic Acid, Behenic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Lysine, Arginine, Linoleic Acid, Threonine, Stearic Acid, Proline, Arachidic Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Or you could try the Infusium for Normal to Dry hair. It would be more suited to your type.

HTH
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
MissJ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2004 at 6:36pm
Thanks i will try infusium for normal/dry hair instead
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic