Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody curling his hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TimKlein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimKlein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody curling his hair?
    Posted: March 09 2005 at 4:14pm
Hi,

I am growing my hair out, it''s curly and can be a real mess sometimes. My mom suggested to set my hair in curlers to keep it under control. I am curious to try but does anyone know what style to expect after the curlers are out? And how long does my hair have to be in curlers? Any other guys using curlers?

Thanx, Tim
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 2:14am
If it's already curly, why use curlers? You might want to elaborate on this. I assume it's because the curl pattern is "breaking up" or turning to frizz from the handling and touching.

Curls take more moisture than straight hair. If you click on my siggy, it will take you to Medusa's Lair. and if you click on Cleansing Methods, you can scroll down to where it says CO wash or CWC, or C-COW-C. These are hairwash methods especially designed for curly or wavy hair. It puts a lot of moisture back into those curls, just because curly and Asian hair needs it more than other types.

The other thing ... as I just mentioned, is to avoid brushing or combing. Curls usually turn to frizz if you brush or comb it with anything other than your fingers.

HTH :)
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
TimKlein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimKlein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 4:26am
Well we tried it this weekend. After i showered my mom set my hair in curlers and because we dont have a dryer i spent all day in curlers... It felt funny to have curlers in my hair but i have to admit i really liked it!! Yeah i know that sounds strange for a man but it felt really nice. Early evening she took my curlers out and the style turned out quite good. It gives a nice curl and its not frizzy. My mom liked it too and we decided to roll my hair more often. I look forward to the next time already 

Thanks for your advice,
curly Tim
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 11:36am

<---- (what a cute smiley; I can't believe this is my first use of it) I bet it felt really nice because it always feels nice to be "pampered", you know? It's also good that you let it air-dry to minimize your hair's exposure to heat.

Glad it worked well for you

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic