Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat is a Banana Curl?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is a Banana Curl?
    Posted: January 05 2000 at 12:36am
Hi, I just read a post in the old talk board and someone mentioned banana curls... what kind of curls are they?
Liane in Chatham ON Canada
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2000 at 8:33am
Hi, Liane.

Banana curls are those long, shining tube curls. Think Goldilocks, Scarlett O'Hara, the girls of "Little Women."

Ally
liane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2000 at 2:32pm
Ooohhh! I LOVE those kind of curls!!! I just called them spirals though! What is a good safe recommended way to get those kinds of curls? (without heat) How did they used to get those kinds of curls before electricity anyway?

Liane in Chatham ON Canada
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2000 at 1:25pm
Just because they didn't have electricity doesn't mean they couldn't heat-style. Read Alcott's "Little Women." There's an amusing incident where Jo burns Meg's hair with the curling tongs.

Ally
lisa33 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2000 at 5:14pm
ALLY & LIANE,  I REMEMBER ONCE WHEN I WAS A LITTLE GIRL, MY FAMILY WENT TO VISIT MY NANA.  WHILE WE WERE THERE  SHE PUT THOSE  BANANA CURLS  IN MY HAIR BY USING LONG STRIPS OF CLOTH AND WRAPPING THEM AROUND A STRAND OF WET HAIR. I GUESS THATS ONE WAY THEY DID IT IN THE OLD DAYS. OF COURSE I HATED IT AS A CHILD BUT NOW I WONDER IF IT WOULD WORK.   I WONDER IF ANYONE HAS HEARD OF THIS ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic