Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAO's Swimmer's Shampoo experience

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Firegarnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firegarnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AO's Swimmer's Shampoo experience
    Posted: January 07 2000 at 9:33pm
Hi all!
I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences with Swimmer's Shampoo, or if it is one of those products that require several uses.

I just ordered some from Vitamin Shoppe and used about a quarter sized dollup and worked it into my hair (only above the shoulders). The first time, the lather was basically nonexistent, so I rinsed and began again. After rinsing I noticed that the smell of my hair faintly resembled my doberman mix's coat -- when wet (ugh). I noticed a very small amount of lather (the directions indicated that there would be lather so I expected it), but my hair not only squeaked clean, but tangled and almost matted as I rinsed it out! I piled in the Swimmer's Conditioner, which made my hair feel soft again. I tried the shampoo three different times, and each time the tangling and the smell were present. Any ideas?

Oh, I posted on the old board with my first name: Briony. I have med. golden blonde hair, to tip of my rear, lots of it, medium thickness. Some damage due to ignorance, etc. but only mid-back and down.

Thanks for any responses.
Firegarnet

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic